PONcast Extra Can Notts County stop the rot as Tranmere come to town

PON_News

Hello and welcome to the latest Pride of Nottingham PONcast Extra.

Join @samwatto2008 and @Chris as they review the upcoming game against Tranmere Rovers.

In this week's preview the PON duo talk about Notts County's upcoming game against Tranmere Rovers at Meadow Lane.

they also reflect on both teams tactics and what style of play Tranmere Rovers are likely to bring to the field, along with what changes Notts County should make from their previous game.

in addition, it's mentioned how Tranmere is Neal Ardleys first home game in charge.

What do you think about Tranmere Rovers and the threats they bring to Meadow Lane? What is your score prediction and more importantly how do you see the game going?

i agree that tranmere look like they are a strong threat but i do feel elliott ward and jamie turley can handle them, i just worry about the left and right defenders. its important as chris said we start the strongest squad, that davies does not look good enough on the right.

jon stead is likely to start, so put on kristian dennis and rotate kane hemmings when either of them get tired.

i would hope rob milsom does not start in midfield, i have felt hes been poor but the right back is a tricky issue. i think tranmere may win but i predict a 1-1 draw.

Tranmere being higher up the League Two table might prove to be a tricky opposition, they seem to have a good team and only strong teams like Grimsby have found their weaknesses. Neal Ardley will have to focus on them if he wants to get Notts playing well.

I enjoyed the preview.

I know the games over but the preview is still there, it seems like a lot of the bases myself and Sam spoke about made things work. David Vaughan today worked well, Elliott Hewitt filled a gap at right back (although he had a weak game) - it wasn't his worst performance.

@samwatto2008 also called it with Cedric Evina, he made Notts look better as Dan Jones didn't play well but that was always something that looked like a weakness.

It can't be all bad obviously.

• liampie unfeatured this topic

Archived