What will you be doing Christmas Day?

Just me and my immediate family.

We break the presents down over several hours, watching mostly TV. Then in the dinning room we get together and have Christmas Dinner. A few board games later we watch a film on DVD. Then it's just catching up and talking with snacks and drinks.

Only thing worth mentioning is that IF @GrannyPie isn't home, I'll be walking to the QMC with my family to spend some time with her. I wouldn't consider anything else to be more important than that.

After this past visit, I feel not only would it cheer my mum up but other people.

This year I'm staying in Germany. So it'll be quieter and more relaxed than usual.

In Germany the tradition is to eat sausages and potato salad in the evening of Christmas eve and then open the presents. I went along with it last year but it feels wrong somehow. So this year I'll be failing my integration test and doing it tomorrow instead.

The in-laws have already called to wish me a merry Christmas, and probably will tomorrow too now (they're Muslims). This is nice but makes me feel a bit of a fraud too - I'm not going to midnight mass or anything, I just like eating chocolates, drinking booze and watching TV all day!

3 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

This year I'm staying in Germany. So it'll be quieter and more relaxed than usual.

In Germany the tradition is to eat sausages and potato salad in the evening of Christmas eve and then open the presents. I went along with it last year but it feels wrong somehow. So this year I'll be failing my integration test and doing it tomorrow instead.

The in-laws have already called to wish me a merry Christmas, and probably will tomorrow too now (they're Muslims). This is nice but makes me feel a bit of a fraud too - I'm not going to midnight mass or anything, I just like eating chocolates, drinking booze and watching TV all day!

Anything different to what your used to will always seem wrong.

Myself, @william1984 , @Harrys_Mummy and Harry had our Christmas dinner a bit earlier than usual so we could go visit @GrannyPie.She was just finishing her dinner in the communal dining  room when we arrived there(Connect House).Harry helped her open some of her birthday cards and presents and then read bits from his book present to her.We stayed and chatted for a couple of hours or so before returning home to relax a bit.I think we'll be watching TV , playing games and having a drink or 3 tonight.

Archived