Match Discussion: Game 24 - The Silkmen (H)

PON_News

Game 24 - The Silkmen (H)

Team: Macclesfield Town

Date: 26/12/18

Where: Meadow Lane

Macclesfield.png.6e8bfb4cd3e76b1d9e238cc

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

very big game and probably a good thing its at home, i think if we was not notts would struggle but at meadow lane the players do perform bigger. losing this would be a massive knock and ardley should try to focus on getting the team to control the game.

Massive game and something Neal Ardley should carefully approach.

It's important the balance between defending and attacking is met, however until Enzio returns I fear Notts don't have enough pace on the wings and this is something which would be useful. Macclesfield would thrive on Notts attacking via the centre of the park, so injecting speed and players able to be direct could work. It might be worth giving Andy Kellett a go. I don't know, I just feel it could be one of those games where the same squad doesn't quite manage to get the right result.

The games a must win match, so despite me saying in the PONcast that I would rest Jon Stead - perhaps he should start?

Kristian Dennis and Kane Hemmings could do the trick but I'm just thinking neither really hold the play up or link in others, Stead is a true grafter of this.

• Like 3

First and foremost. Tootle and Evina in for Hewitt and Jones. Hewitt isn't a right-back and Jones isn't a footballer. Play 4-4-2 with Thomas on one wing and either Osborne or Kellett on the other (clutching at straws). 

2 up front. I don't think I have ever seen Notts play one up top and it work. 

We can't really do much to the squad until January

• Like 2

BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!

Just before I suggest my lineup, HEWITT and JONES OUT, absolutely no brain cells between the two of them. A Tootle at 50% is better than that clown at RB. Hewitt should be gone in January, been gifted a career here at Notts and was carried through last year. Evina has a much better delivery than Jones. Only one of our corners against Grimsby caused them issues. 

Patching played well on the wing against Mansfield so I would actually bring him in instead. I am under the impression there is a "bomb squad" at Notts County consisting of players such as (Hawkridge, Bird, Kellett, Duffy) etc so it is unlikely we will see them in the squad at all. 

Formation: 4-4-2

Lineup: Fitzsimmons / Tootle - Ward - Turley - Evina / Patching - Vaughan - Davies - Thomas / Dennis - Hemmings

Bench: Pindroch, Hewitt, Brisley, Crawford, Milsom, Stead, Etete

Prediction: 3-1 Notts

• Like 2

Biggest game so far this season !! 

Notts need to start the game like Macclesfield did at the away game heads down Confidence passing and really going for it. 

Cause anything less this time will not be excepted and will land county in hot water for the rest of the season. 

If we can come out blazing grab the goal sit defencivly strong we have a chance but we have to have then attitude we had for the Tranmere game and play it to. 

Great escape? With this lot? Na.

I'm usually pretty positive but unless we have a miraculous January and get in a few amazing players I think we're in really, really, really big trouble.

That first half was just depressing. Vaughan shoved out the left? Defenders backing off, a complete lack of effort again. We needed to start that game like a house on fire, we just go the house. The stationary house watching everything go by.

The 2nd was better in spells, Kellett looked good as did Hemmings (why was he taken off?). At 1-1 we had a chance, a tiny little glimmer, beat the worst team in the league or become the worst team in the league. We chose the latter.

The players put more into the scuffles at the end, shame they can't show that same passion when actually playing.

• Sad 1

Great escape? With this lot? Na.
I'm usually pretty positive but unless we have a miraculous January and get in a few amazing players I think we're in really, really, really big trouble.
That first half was just depressing. Vaughan shoved out the left? Defenders backing off, a complete lack of effort again. We needed to start that game like a house on fire, we just go the house. The stationary house watching everything go by.
The 2nd was better in spells, Kellett looked good as did Hemmings (why was he taken off?). At 1-1 we had a chance, a tiny little glimmer, beat the worst team in the league or become the worst team in the league. We chose the latter.
The players put more into the scuffles at the end, shame they can't show that same passion when actually playing.

Hemming's looked injured to me when he came off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt very disappointed today, almost to the verge that I felt there was no hope.

I came home and spent time with my family trying my hardest to forget about the result, it's difficult because I do care a lot about Notts County. I still can't put into words how I feel or what can be done to resolve this issue, this will be a real nightmare for Neal Ardley.

The performance was off from the start, I don't see how anyone could say we played well for the first 10 minutes.

Macclesfield looked good and well drilled, from the moment the game began they appeared like a side which had a point to prove and this made it hard for Notts to get a feel for the game. Their first goal was always going in, nothing Ross Fitzsimons could have done and I felt sorry for him. Why is nobody attempting to throw themselves in the line of the ball? It's all the basic things this Notts squad is struggling with.

I felt Macclesfield should have left having won us easily, yet pulling level allowed us to give them a game and after that goal we didn't do anything to go 2-1 up. We just stopped and conceded.

The most disappointing thing for me is how I feel Macclesfield seemed happy to take the three points by leading 1-0, even after we scored it looked like they was happy with a draw. Reckless play gave the game away, it's so frustrating because it should have made the players respond.

Confidence and a lot of other things are killing us off.

• Chris unfeatured this topic

Well it’s the night before Notts v Bury and I’m still not sure if we can win this or not it’s not going to be easy it’s going to be a hard game. 

Im hoping the few days Neal has had with the team he can do something .. but it’s confidence we need and that something that will come from winning games. 

Tommorow we need to go for it and tighten up at the back if we do that we may stand a chance