We had sol .. but he wasn’t no soldier and dam sure no magpie

Magic magpie

So tomorrow at home to Macclesfield am I alone in asking Santa for three points. In a must win for us magpies as we welcome fellow struggles and sol Campbell the former (90 minute man). I’m hoping the lads can deliver us three points as a late Christmas gift and some thing to cheer. 

But more importantly Im sure we all want to beat Sol Campbell .. the man who took the money then left because he didn’t want to fight he wanted a easy payday . Well tomorrow I hope we beat them and show him .. we may have had sol .. but this guy wasn’t a soldier.. he wasn’t a magpie he wasn’t one of us .. around here we take care of our own .. 

There was nothing wrong with Sol walking out, he could tell the Munto thing was a scam but his comments often seemed disrespectful. I've actually spoken to him on three occasions, the day he signed, the day after and just before he left Nottingham for London.

Friendly but full of himself, yet he has no bearing on tomorrow. He's just another opposition manager.

Notts needs to fight to win for our league status, nothing else.

As above irrelevant just another rookie manager who is finding his way in management, well done to him for taking that job on could argue a soldier  leading from the front for them though, which could inspire them , he could see early nothing doing with Munto and got out can’t really argue with that , as for today all Notts aren’t we all Notts aren’t we all Notts aren’t we , that vlog keeps coming back to my head about Grimsby, those supporting Notts that day 4-0 down were leaders of the fight , inspiring , COYP today let’s do this . 

Theres a nice bit about Sols appearance in the One Flew Over the Magpies Nest book by Paul Mace. I know this is about Sol and not necessarily Munto but whenever I think of those days I have to say I do like the Magpie badge of those days. Lol. But it's just like anything else. When we look at the wider context of life and sport and entertainment and politic and celebrity. Sol Campbell seemed a "soldier" to many. I think of many so called strongmen in the public eye and I think very few of them are truly genuine and able to really hold their own against true tough guys. League 1 and 2 dont afford the glitz and glam our of the top flight. There are genuinely hard men in the lower leagues. Men who really give it their all for the fans and squads and low wages. Up against the physicality of the lower leagues and already getting older Sol just didnt have it.

6 hours ago, Remmy Skye said:

Theres a nice bit about Sols appearance in the One Flew Over the Magpies Nest book by Paul Mace. I know this is about Sol and not necessarily Munto but whenever I think of those days I have to say I do like the Magpie badge of those days. Lol. But it's just like anything else. When we look at the wider context of life and sport and entertainment and politic and celebrity. Sol Campbell seemed a "soldier" to many. I think of many so called strongmen in the public eye and I think very few of them are truly genuine and able to really hold their own against true tough guys. League 1 and 2 dont afford the glitz and glam our of the top flight. There are genuinely hard men in the lower leagues. Men who really give it their all for the fans and squads and low wages. Up against the physicality of the lower leagues and already getting older Sol just didnt have it.

Not sure I agree, Sol is a big strong bloke and certainly put his body on the line in his playing days. I suppose when you've won league titles and played in the World Cup, motivation can be an issue when you're running out at Morecambe. He should have thought about that before joining though...

Archived