Colchester player ratings

ivansneck

To start with, this is a weird game to rate as many players were up and down during the course of the game.

Fitzsimons - 6 - came off his line a bit more than usual, not at fault for the goals.

Evina - 4 - OK but not really good enough for this level. nothing particualry good or bad

Jones as a defender -  minus 10 - always out of posstion, never closed anyone down, can't be bothered to try to stop crosses.

Jones going forward - 7 scored, put in some good crosses. The move to left midafiled was a good idea but 70 minutes too late

Duffy - 5 - unlucky with their second, made a couple of good defensive headers - mosned less than usual

Barclay - 6 - a good start but got caught inposession a couple of times

Bird - 4- partly responsible for Jones' problems as he should have covered across more to his left. Didn't communitacte with his fellow defenders on the left or in midfield. Worth sticking with though.

Vaughan - 5- some good passes but was a bit of a weakness on the left hand side of MF until moved into the middle.

Kellett - 5 - ran around as usual with a few good touches, but not as good as against Bury.

Milsom - 6 - covered his fellow midfielders quite well and was the only one to try and hold the ball during the first 20 minutes of the second half.

Stead - 6 - scored, but his passing has gone downhill from last season

Dennis - 6 - scored and was his usual busy self

Turley - 5 - looked better as a full back when we went to a flat back 4

Thomas - 1 - waste of a wage. Looses the ball, hides when we are in possession.

Alessandra - not enough time to get a rating

Ardley - 5 - worked out that the wing backs weren't working and went to a FB4 but too late for me.

Stadium - 6 - looses marks for being identikit and free of atmosphere, gains marks for tea costing £1, free programme, good view and easy to park and get to and from.

I sometimes wonder what would happen if we had another winger who was a better version of Thomas, I think it would make a huge difference and even though the squads done well whilst Enzio has been injured - Notts has still missed him.

Interesting ratings though, it says a lot for me.

Thanks for sharing them @ivansneck

Archived