Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
samwatto2008

Grant signs for Mansfield Town!

Recommended Posts

What a piss take .. it seems Hardy didn’t do his best and the worst he has to play against us.  This is total crap I guess the stuff about him being there Saturday was true .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@samwatto2008 , well put pal , signed Ajose also , very good signings for our rivals , do we have to play them absolutely dreading it , got to say a couple of topics on here are making me wonder what Notts are doing to seriously change things , the topics , this one and the florist manager one , very positive steps for both them , got to say I stick up for AH most of the time but at this time get back off Twitter for gods sake , stop the nonsense, and get on with the important stuff at Notts . Rant over no offence meant 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

@samwatto2008 , well put pal , signed Ajose also , very good signings for our rivals , do we have to play them absolutely dreading it , got to say a couple of topics on here are making me wonder what Notts are doing to seriously change things , the topics , this one and the florist manager one , very positive steps for both them , got to say I stick up for AH most of the time but at this time get back off Twitter for gods sake , stop the nonsense, and get on with the important stuff at Notts . Rant over no offence meant 

Glad for them that they're cracking on with the job in hand ... Promotion. Just devastated that Hardy will go down as the worst chairman in history as he look to ruin our clubs history.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could he have gone to anywhere worse. I kinda get the feeling forest are out to upset notts with that transfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was never going to come back on loan here, someone told me the other week that bridges with Forest have been burned. I'm not sure how true this is but they don't seem to be in a rush to loan anyone here and why would they?

Very good signing for Mansfield, bet this has some pathetic reactions on social media. Shot ourselves in the foot with mind the gap comments and now Kane Hemmings hates Mansfield. Jorge Grant hates Notts. 😂😂

Edited by super_ram
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know why we ever bothered to build bridges with those lot over the river. With the exception of Grant and Yates last season, we mostly get pure crap from them. They won't want a rival club a stone throw's away being in the same league or close to it, so it makes sense to not aid us to do any better than we would without them.  Mansfield are no threat, 3 stands and the crowds will never flock in to those anyway. 

We should be building relationships with the better Midlands clubs around, ones that we have had some half decent loanees in the past, too. Derby, Leicester, and even the Sheffield clubs are all close. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, all those mind the gap comments last season, are coming back to bite us on the bum so to speak. Thought florest wanted him to go out on loan to a League one club. But guess they don't want him coming to Notts, the way we've been playing all season, COYP!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, magpiejue said:

Yes, all those mind the gap comments last season, are coming back to bite us on the bum so to speak. Thought florest wanted him to go out on loan to a League one club. But guess they don't want him coming to Notts, the way we've been playing all season, COYP!

I don't think they wanted to send him back here too, they'd much prefer us to be out of league football.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole thing is a joke Alan has burned bridges with forest disputes what he says if Jorge wasn’t going to come to Notts then he would have gone to Mansfield its local to Nottingham I think maybe Jorge wanted to stay local and since the bridges have been burned with Notts there was no where else exsept Mansfield .. this season surely can’t get any worse you would feel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Don't know why we ever bothered to build bridges with those lot over the river. With the exception of Grant and Yates last season, we mostly get pure crap from them. They won't want a rival club a stone throw's away being in the same league or close to it, so it makes sense to not aid us to do any better than we would without them.  Mansfield are no threat, 3 stands and the crowds will never flock in to those anyway. 

We should be building relationships with the better Midlands clubs around, ones that we have had some half decent loanees in the past, too. Derby, Leicester, and even the Sheffield clubs are all close. 

Louis Laing and Brendan Moloney both good players on their day.

The thing about working with other clubs, you have to understand how to say no when you get offered crap and at the same time some players require you to put your hands in your pockets to get hold of the better ones. I think it's reflection more on us than it is Forest.

The track record with working with most midlands based clubs suggests that we prefer the cheaper players.

I'm sorry, you pay for what you get.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Build relationships throughout football , surely that’s what needs to be done to have a real chance of getting any quality , clubs get together all the time for different meetings, sure it’s an  ideal time to do just that , owners,   ceo’s , managers have these gatherings so I’m sure it’s done ,  all about money. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would have loved to have him back but why would forest want to send him here with all thats happening? the midfield is that packed hes not guaranteed to start and i think they want him to be involved in a winning team.

notts have messed up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant imagine them sending him back to us for where we are in the league anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr Hardy has made sure that our illustrious neighbours have no desire to help us out but, why should they? Where we are is because our players are gutless!! Let’s hope NA gets some mates in who give a ****!!  Let’s hope we still exist to get our own back some day COYP!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, donmassonisgod! said:

Mr Hardy has made sure that our illustrious neighbours have no desire to help us out but, why should they? Where we are is because our players are gutless!! Let’s hope NA gets some mates in who give a ****!!  Let’s hope we still exist to get our own back some day COYP!

 

 

Yeah, but let's not pretend that f*rest hadn't pulled the rug out from underneath our feet after saying they wouldn't. I'm not saying Hardy covered himself in glory and should have probably kept his frustrations to himself. 

I'm not bothered in the slightest that we don't deal with them anymore, it's quite clear that they are extremely difficult with these kind of things, and from past dealings with them, you can't take them at face value and any promises they deliver to you mean **** all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t stand them , if we can’t get players from other clubs then something is wrong at notts , don’t go begging to them how ever good they may seem academy wise they could always do the same again no honour at all . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would we want him if forest take the players back before the loan is up quite alot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice how some of the Notts fans who are playing this down as a poor signing are most likely the ones who hurled abuse at Grant when it seemed unlikely he would come back for second spell, yet quickly formed a line to go up his arse after he did.

It's a fantastic signing for Mansfield, I might not like the club but I respect what they're building.

Good signing for them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No ill feelings to Jorge Grant, he wants to play football and he's joined a team who look good candidates for promotion. Why would he come back here? We have nothing to offer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably his only chance to be in a promotion winning side cos he wasn't getting picked at Florest, was he. And i don't think they'll be going anywhere this time around. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About PON

ponnewlogo.png.17a29933b1a08c7869bec7999

Pride of Nottingham is an independent fansite devoted to Notts County, the world’s oldest league football club. Created in 2013, it has served as a source of Magpie news, features, match previews, reports, analysis and interviews for more than three years.

Support PON

Enjoy our content? Want to help us grow? Your donation will go a long way towards improving the site!

donate-pon.png

Meet the Team

Chris Chris Administrators
Magic magpie Magic magpie Administrators
ARLukomski ARLukomski Administrators
CliftonMagpie CliftonMagpie Global Moderators
super_ram super_ram Media

Social Media

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Pride of Nottingham uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. To approve, simply continue using the site or click 'I accept' Terms of Use.