Grant signs for Mansfield Town!

samwatto2008

@samwatto2008 , well put pal , signed Ajose also , very good signings for our rivals , do we have to play them absolutely dreading it , got to say a couple of topics on here are making me wonder what Notts are doing to seriously change things , the topics , this one and the florist manager one , very positive steps for both them , got to say I stick up for AH most of the time but at this time get back off Twitter for gods sake , stop the nonsense, and get on with the important stuff at Notts . Rant over no offence meant 

9 minutes ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

@samwatto2008 , well put pal , signed Ajose also , very good signings for our rivals , do we have to play them absolutely dreading it , got to say a couple of topics on here are making me wonder what Notts are doing to seriously change things , the topics , this one and the florist manager one , very positive steps for both them , got to say I stick up for AH most of the time but at this time get back off Twitter for gods sake , stop the nonsense, and get on with the important stuff at Notts . Rant over no offence meant 

Glad for them that they're cracking on with the job in hand ... Promotion. Just devastated that Hardy will go down as the worst chairman in history as he look to ruin our clubs history.

He was never going to come back on loan here, someone told me the other week that bridges with Forest have been burned. I'm not sure how true this is but they don't seem to be in a rush to loan anyone here and why would they?

Very good signing for Mansfield, bet this has some pathetic reactions on social media. Shot ourselves in the foot with mind the gap comments and now Kane Hemmings hates Mansfield. Jorge Grant hates Notts. 😂😂

Don't know why we ever bothered to build bridges with those lot over the river. With the exception of Grant and Yates last season, we mostly get pure crap from them. They won't want a rival club a stone throw's away being in the same league or close to it, so it makes sense to not aid us to do any better than we would without them.  Mansfield are no threat, 3 stands and the crowds will never flock in to those anyway. 

We should be building relationships with the better Midlands clubs around, ones that we have had some half decent loanees in the past, too. Derby, Leicester, and even the Sheffield clubs are all close. 

Yes, all those mind the gap comments last season, are coming back to bite us on the bum so to speak. Thought florest wanted him to go out on loan to a League one club. But guess they don't want him coming to Notts, the way we've been playing all season, COYP!

6 minutes ago, magpiejue said:

Yes, all those mind the gap comments last season, are coming back to bite us on the bum so to speak. Thought florest wanted him to go out on loan to a League one club. But guess they don't want him coming to Notts, the way we've been playing all season, COYP!

I don't think they wanted to send him back here too, they'd much prefer us to be out of league football.

The whole thing is a joke Alan has burned bridges with forest disputes what he says if Jorge wasn’t going to come to Notts then he would have gone to Mansfield its local to Nottingham I think maybe Jorge wanted to stay local and since the bridges have been burned with Notts there was no where else exsept Mansfield .. this season surely can’t get any worse you would feel 

4 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Don't know why we ever bothered to build bridges with those lot over the river. With the exception of Grant and Yates last season, we mostly get pure crap from them. They won't want a rival club a stone throw's away being in the same league or close to it, so it makes sense to not aid us to do any better than we would without them.  Mansfield are no threat, 3 stands and the crowds will never flock in to those anyway. 

We should be building relationships with the better Midlands clubs around, ones that we have had some half decent loanees in the past, too. Derby, Leicester, and even the Sheffield clubs are all close. 

Louis Laing and Brendan Moloney both good players on their day.

The thing about working with other clubs, you have to understand how to say no when you get offered crap and at the same time some players require you to put your hands in your pockets to get hold of the better ones. I think it's reflection more on us than it is Forest.

The track record with working with most midlands based clubs suggests that we prefer the cheaper players.

I'm sorry, you pay for what you get.

Build relationships throughout football , surely that’s what needs to be done to have a real chance of getting any quality , clubs get together all the time for different meetings, sure it’s an  ideal time to do just that , owners,   ceo’s , managers have these gatherings so I’m sure it’s done ,  all about money. 

i would have loved to have him back but why would forest want to send him here with all thats happening? the midfield is that packed hes not guaranteed to start and i think they want him to be involved in a winning team.

notts have messed up.

10 hours ago, donmassonisgod! said:

Mr Hardy has made sure that our illustrious neighbours have no desire to help us out but, why should they? Where we are is because our players are gutless!! Let’s hope NA gets some mates in who give a ****!!  Let’s hope we still exist to get our own back some day COYP!

Yeah, but let's not pretend that f*rest hadn't pulled the rug out from underneath our feet after saying they wouldn't. I'm not saying Hardy covered himself in glory and should have probably kept his frustrations to himself. 

I'm not bothered in the slightest that we don't deal with them anymore, it's quite clear that they are extremely difficult with these kind of things, and from past dealings with them, you can't take them at face value and any promises they deliver to you mean **** all. 

I notice how some of the Notts fans who are playing this down as a poor signing are most likely the ones who hurled abuse at Grant when it seemed unlikely he would come back for second spell, yet quickly formed a line to go up his arse after he did.

It's a fantastic signing for Mansfield, I might not like the club but I respect what they're building.

Good signing for them.

Archived