Hello From Turin

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Sat in the hotel room watching some Italian Serie C match before bed. Our flight was delayed but not too badly and we got to our hotel at around half 6. Went out for a pizza which was dissapointingly bad, but I guess it depends where you go.

Tommorow we're doing the Juventus staium tour and Museum tour, and will probably go in the shop, which should be good.

I'll be thinking of Notts and Weymouth tommorow afternoon. Weymouth play their biggest game for a few years tommorow when they host Conference premier high flyers Braintree Town. At stake is a place in Sunday's FA Cup 1st round proper draw, and £12,500 in prize money (massive for a club like us).

Hope everyone back home is well, whats everyone upto this weekend? :)

COYP

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good to hear from you Weymouth, have a great time in Italy, I'm sure the stadium will come up to expectations, make sure you wear your Notts shirt.

Good luck also to Weymouth FC, I hope they manage to get to the first round it would be great if they drew Notts in the cup.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I hope Notts and Weymouth do the business and give you another birthday present

Good to hear from you Weymouth, have a great time in Italy, I'm sure the stadium will come up to expectations, make sure you wear your Notts shirt.

Good luck also to Weymouth FC, I hope they manage to get to the first round it would be great if they drew Notts in the cup.

Brought two Notts shirts mate, one for tommorow and one for the game on Sunday!

I've been asked about Notts drawing Weymouth a few times but truth be told, I really wouldn't want that. There's no question I'd support Notts but on one hand I'd want Notts to win convincingly, but on the other I wouldn't wanna see Weymouth hammered. Difficult one really. But if Weymouth won I'd NEVER live it down lol

Very much the same for me if Derby ever drew Notts,Weymouth

Did the museum first today whichvwas good, it has replicas of every trophy they've won, shirts of every player to clock up 300 appearances, and a very detailed history of the club.

We then had a look around the club shop which was huge! I didnt fancy spending €80 on a replica shirt but I got a few bits.

The stadium tour was brilliant! We saw everything from the hospitality suites, to the press area, the treatment room, the home dressing room, and we got taken down to the technical area. The ground is very smart and the stands are so close to the pitch. Cant wait for tge match tommorow, should be one hell of an experience!

Sadly Weymouth suffered a 2-1 defeat today. They conceeded an early goal and were 2-0 down by half time. They battled hard in the second half and managed to grab a late goal and make it a nervy finish.

Wow, what an amazing experience today was! Juventus won 2-0 and played some really brilliant football. To see some of the worlds top players up close like that was unreal.

The italian magpies we met were really lovely people who made us feel very welcome and showed us where to go, cant thank them enough for helping to arrange everything.

Everything was amazing - the players, the quality, the people, the stadium, and the atmosphere especially. Non stop singing from both sets of fans all game.

Got to try and come here again some day, it was the experience of a lifetime

It sounds like a brilliant break,glad you enjoyed it,Weymouth and nice to hear our Italian friends helped out too.

Supporter+

What a great experience, you are so lucky, it's something you will remember for life time. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Glad you've had a good time.Something you'll always remember.

Was back down to earth with a county cup game between Weymouth and Shaftesbury tonight!

Have to say you can see why English sides rarely do well on the international stage these days. Juventus are an Italian club with an Italian owner, Italian chairman, an Italian manager, and eight of their starting XI on Sunday were Italian. Are the British clubs successfull because they use home grown talent?

They really were a joy to watch though, I learned why people often refer to football as "the beautiful game" in the first half, it was just perfect. They kept their shape so well, the back four stayed together perfectly. You had Andrea Pirlo controlling the midfield - nearly everything went through him, and some of the things he came up with were outragous. You had the pace, strength and agility of Asamoha down one side, he didn't stop running! And ofcourse the creativity of Tevez up front, who also didnt stop running.

The way they attacked too was brilliant. Over here you'll see teams try and pass their way through but everyone's ball watching. With Juve, there were constantly 3 or 4 options for the man on the ball, always someone making a run. And rather than try and run around players, they would try and run through them half the time!

The match itself was played at a much faster pace too, and not one player pulled out of a tackle. No fear of injury over there, every tackle they went into it full blooded with the intention of winning the ball however much it might hurt.

But that said there seemed to be a lot more respect between players, and also a far greater respect of the fans from the two teams. Rather than swapping shirts between themselves, most of the players gave their shirts away to fans after the game, and the team would link arms and run to applaud all four stands at the end of the game.

It really was absolutely amazing to watch, a priveledge. When I get chance I'll write a proper blog about the whole weekend.

Supporter+

Did we once have a Asamoah playing for us, or have I dreamt it?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Glad you enjoyed it James, looking forward to seeing  your photos x :)

Archived