Ratings v Carlisle

Super_Danny_Allsopp

Schofield - 6 - I know he made the mistake, but under testing conditions he managed well, especially when compared to sir-flap-a-lot Collins, who was lucky not to gift Notts a couple of goals. 

Rose - 6 - A number of times his positional awareness was questionable, and he got away with it a couple of times, either through his own skill or falling over. 

Stubbs - 8 - Solid as a rock. Deffo the best loan signing we've made,
Duffy - 8 - Solid, experienced, managed the defence. Well done.

Milsom - 5.5 - Was being skinned a number of times when Thomas came on, and luckily Thomas is **** and doesn't have a right boot that when Milsom stood about 30 yards away from him in the box, he could only slice a poor attempt on goal with his left peg. 

Alessandra - 6 - Tried and almost got on the end of a couple. Twisted into trouble more than once.

O'Brien - 7.5 - Played well.
Doyle - 8 - Back to his best.
Vaughan - 7.5 - Used the ball well and even contributed defensively. Well played. 

Enzio - 5 - Not really involved, lost the ball a few times but stuck to the task. 

Hemmings - 9 - Brilliant hold up play and linking with the midfield. Deserved his 2 goals, penalty was excellent.

Bird - 6 - Came on, headed it, kicked it. Exactly what was needed. 
Ardley - 8 - Tactics spot on and team selection good (albeit somewhat forced through illness/injury)

It wasn't as much of a mistake, it was more the Carlisle United player being crafty and I feel Steve Cherry on Facebook sums the Schofield incident up well.

It's good to see Kane Hemmings earning praise, some are so quick to judge and point the finger.

Overall, as I have been saying. If more than 4/5 players up their game - results come. The issue is maintaining the standard and form. With the way our players seem to get tired, I would be mindful of changes ahead of Saturday.

Thanks for sharing the ratings @Super_Danny_Allsopp.

25 minutes ago, Chris said:

It wasn't as much of a mistake, it was more the Carlisle United player being crafty and I feel Steve Cherry on Facebook sums the Schofield incident up well.

It was, because their strikers had been doing it a couple of times before, and he'd seen them doing it. 

I'm sure the players did, plus the crowd, but with the swirling wind, I imagine made it difficult to hear.

4 minutes ago, liampie said:

@Super_Danny_Allsopp surely as a cb you would go running, screaming pointing behind him. i think everyone switched off.

thanks for sharing the ratings, did you go @Piethagoram?

You have to remember that from the point Schofield puts it on the floor to the point where the striker gets the ball, is maybe 3 seconds. I can't say if the shouts were made, or heard, but the responsibility ultimately lies on the keeper. If you put the ball on the deck, make sure you are safe to do so. 

He will learn from that one and it didn't cost us in the end, apart from a few nerves. 

Archived