Match Discussion: Game 43 - The Dons (H)

PON_News

Game 43 - The Dons (H)

Team: MK Dons

Date: 19/04/19

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

This the game if we loose it could sink us ..just want to get this out the way. The lads need to turn and bloody fight no half Hart performance playing with passion desire and like it’s their last professional game of there career cause any thing else isn’t bloody good enough.. 

• Like 1

Fitting that over this Easter weekend it's now pretty much Notts last chance to resurrect the season. Over the two games 4 points has to be the minimum here. That's a win and a draw, any less and I really think it will take the miracle beyond all miracles to stay up.

I'm not feeling confident, simply put MK are good and our home form is bad. I think we'll need at least 2 goals to get something out of it. And I'll take a draw if that can then be converted into a win away at Crawley.

Here's to hoping we have new life come Monday, but I'm expecting we might just be nailed on for the conference...

It's time to come up with the goods whoever the opposition are - we need two wins bare minimum, more likely three. Lose tomorrow and we could be adrift with only three matches remaining.

However, everyone in this league is beatable. In terms of form, the illegitimate franchise from Buckinghamshire are faring little better than us, sitting 12th in the form table. On paper Yeovil and Macc have got easier games, but football doesn't work like that. Roar the boys on tomorrow - with hard work and a little luck, things might just be looking a little rosier soon.

• Like 1

Notts didn't play bad, they just didn't play well enough to make something of the game.

The disappointing thing is the fact that Notts could have easily taken something from the game, it's not the midfield - it's how Neal Ardley has set up this squad. I don't think he has enough faith in the players to allow them to play with some level of freedom. It's all too defensive, I'm not against him, but I just feel attacking games would show a lot more fight. MK Dons looked capable of winning, they were good on the ball and to a point Notts looked quite decent defensively.

However, I feel the balance and organisation disappears and Ardley does nothing until the games totally out of Notts hands.

Robert Milsom - he's shocking at left back. Yes, he can defend, but he offers nothing going forward, he can't cross or pass. I'm sick to death of how wasteful he is and I would happily welcome back Dan Jones or Cedric Evina.

Right now Notts should be aiming to win, not being set up to draw games and inviting teams to relegate us. This team shouldn't be defensive, we don't have the ability to attack well if we do.

As I say, it wasn't a bad game, but the likeness of Notts winning or drawing always seemed unlikely.

ardley has the players with their backs to the goal, its hard to see how they will score. he makes the wrong decisions in the games and is not vocal enough to get them to focus. i think his task is harder only due to himself.