Match Discussion: Game 44 - Red Devils (A)

PON_News

Game 44 - Red Devils (A)

Team: Crawley Town

Date: 22/04/19

Where: Broadfield Stadium

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Please, please, please, please, please try to play attacking football Neal Ardley.

Listen to Jim O'Brien, who has made several cries to get you to see that "parking the bus" or switching attacking player for defensive ones is insane. You don't win games this way, you really can't and even someone who doesn't follow football would understand this. Send the players out to have some freedom, but make them bust a gut to work as a team, get people being responsible. Fans might blame the players, but it's madness what Ardley is doing, he should be pushing them.

If they're lost, low in confidence - man manages them and just try to appease us fans by fighting for the results needed.

Things seriously need to change for this game. We are creating the square root of jack and we are not troubling teams enough.

We play the most protective football and all Ardley cares about is having 3 men in the middle of midfield so he doesn't get exposed at the back. No point when you need to win games. 

Hemmings is isolated up front and there is no midfielder bringing the ball forward who can link up the play with him. Not just this but the wingers are not brave enough with the ball and when they do need help, the wing back isn't there to give him the support he needs.

Barclay a total calamity. 100% red card, no doubt about it. Could be a blessing in disguise as he's a pretty tonk defender. Would prefer Bird there.

How we are still in this, I do not know. We should be well and truly done for, but somehow we've still got a chance. Do I think we can do it? No, but I live in hope.

I think Schofield was unsighted for the goal. He certainly reacted very late.

I thought we started well, we were aggressive and pushed a long way up the pitch. We certainly seemed to have the measure of Crawley - their goal was their first shot of any description. After that I thought Crawley edged the first half, and Barclay's stupid red card put paid to any chances of winning.

I'm not sure how to take this. On the one hand we missed another opportunity to make up some ground on the teams above us against a beatable side, and time is running out. On the other hand, we got a point away from home when a man down for half a game, and it's a point that could make all the difference - we have preserved the chance of leapfrogging our rivals next week and going into the last game with our fate in our own hands. It's the hope that drives you mad.

it does not seem good enough.

ardley takes stead and cms off all the time, he replaces them with people too defensive minded and i think it sounded lucky that we can away with any points. if he keeps us up, those wanting him gone now will love him tho. its stupid. hes playing a dangerous game. two games remaining and both are must win. :( 

Shambles!

Neil Ardley said he felt we could score from the break or maybe from a long throwing, what planet his he from? Once you go one up, you play tidy football and push for a second. He gets Notts to park the bus and to avoid playing football at all. It was grim watching!

This game could have been so much more, if the goal was hung onto it would be much different now. It's much like the whole season. I have become more than disappointed by the lack of fight, losing games does cause low morale but what I ask is why can't anyone take some responsibility on for themselves?