Gutted

DonnyNotts

We all knew it was coming, but I don't yet think we know the full struggle we are in for. Getting out of that league is beyond difficult. We have to finish top. In recent history, given that we have always been one of the bigger clubs in the league, we achieved that once, with a squad that was more than capable, and only just.

It's a sad, sad day for Notts County Football Club. 

However, we must move on. What's done is done. We're a non-league club, and the sooner we accept that the better. We need an owner with some idea of what it takes to get out the mess we are in, a manager with the right tactics, and a playing squad worthy of wearing the shirt. It's a big ask, I very much doubt we can turn it around so quickly. However, with the fans we have got, we should be able, in 3 years, to return to the football league, and come back with some vigor and something that represents this proud club. 

I hope you have all returned home safely and feel disappointed for you. As Danny has said it may not be an easy return.

You were so reliant on Macclesfield result that we did not actually relegate you … no consolation I know.

I wish you had worn black and white kit so we could have watched the real Magpies. 

@GrannyPie and myself listened o Radio Nottingham and for a very short time it seemed like a miracle was happening.How quickly things can change.At the final whistle @GrannyPie was a bit tearful and just like @BradtheMiller I feel absolutely gutted .The one positive from today was the fantastic support from Notts fans that we could hear on the radio.Agree with @Super_Danny_Allsopp above too.

Those 20 minutes or so when everything seemed to be falling into place were just cruel. I was waiting to hear that Macclesfield had equalised, and when they did everything fell apart.

It's only just starting to sink in still. I'm still convinced we'll be back, but first we have a major rebuilding job to do and no-one to do it - the manager doesn't know if he's staying or not, neither do the coaching staff, we have no DOF and the board are on the way out too. We have no-one on board with any experience of the Conference. If the takeover isn't sorted soon, we have a very difficult summer ahead of us.

Of course sadness is the emotion this morning, 5 generations of my family have supported this wonderful club and I feel hurt for all of them, but I’m not in a state of dejected anxiety, that came months ago with the realisation that this season was going to be our last in the football league. 

I’m not naive enough to suggest that we will bounce straight back up because I don’t think it’s possible given the restructuring that now needs to take place. This could take years. No one knows what resources the new owners have or their intentions. The National League can be the graveyard for football clubs.

I have supported Notts fo 62 years and the likelihood is that I may never see my club in the football league again, I sincerely hope I’m wrong but most of my predictions this season have been accurate, I just hope that the last rights haven’t been read and there is a future for the club and it’s fantastic supporters.

Agree with most of what is being said, I certainly don't think it will be easy to get back in the league, there are some decent teams in there. We need a new or a group of owners willing to invest. I think we are a championship club at best, but I would gladly, at this moment in time, settle for just being a league club. 

We are all truly gutted, but theres nothing we can do about it unfortunetly. Its a case of take the best out of non league and try to improve and push for promotion, not in notts style though as that involves pushing for mid table.

5 minutes ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

The title sums my feelings up totally gutted , we finished exactly where we deserved to finish , the going’s on behind the scenes have absolutely caused this abomination of a season, fear for the future while the ego that is AH is involved. 

Hopefully that won't be too long, just hope the next owner/owners have a bit more savvy. Too many owners treat clubs like playthings, many clubs are on the brink not just ours, though obviously we're more important 😉

• 2 weeks later...

At the time I was angered, annoyed and p####d off. Now I just want to see the club respond and build properly. Most of the blame falls on the players for me, Alan Hardy didn’t help but he wasn’t playing on the pitch.

48 minutes ago, upthepies said:

At the time I was angered, annoyed and pissed off. Now I just want to see the club respond and build properly. Most of the blame falls on the players for me, Alan Hardy didn’t help but he wasn’t playing on the pitch.

Exactly this

On 26/05/2019 at 09:44, upthepies said:

At the time I was angered, annoyed and p####d off. Now I just want to see the club respond and build properly. Most of the blame falls on the players for me, Alan Hardy didn’t help but he wasn’t playing on the pitch.

I think right now i have to agree with you mate .. I’m starting to accept it and hopefully look forward to next season but the players definitely have to accept the responsibility.

Archived