I Bet He Felt Silly

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Derby County defender Andre Wisdom almost misses Sheffield Wednesday game after getting stuck in mud

By pwhyattt_dt  |  Posted: November 12, 2013

By PAUL WHYATT

Comments (30)

ON-LOAN Derby County star Andre Wisdom almost missed Saturday's home game with Sheffield Wednesday after getting stuck in the mud.

The 20-year-old was following his sat nav to find his way to Pride Park Stadium when it took him down a woodland track.

His £100,000 Porsche got stuck in a huge mud-filled puddle.

A Derby County spokesman said there had been a race against time to get the defender to Pride Park in time for Saturday's 3pm kick-off.

He said: "Andre visited a local shop on the way to Saturday's game against Sheffield Wednesday and, being new and unfamiliar to the area, he programmed the stadium's postcode into his sat-nav.

"The route provided took him down a less-than-traditional road, where conditions were also poor.

"Ultimately, his car got stuck and he, along with the club, made suitable arrangements to ensure he was at Pride Park Stadium on time for the game. His car was recovered on Saturday evening."

A mountain biker told how he found Wisdom's Porsche Panamera Turbo marooned in the mud six miles from Pride Park on Saturday morning.

Pete Irons, 41, told the Daily Mirror: "I didn't really think much of it when I first saw it.

"I thought whoever it was was unlucky to have done that – but I also thought it'd be gone by the afternoon.

"But when I came back through the woods a little later with friends, it was still there and I went right up to it to have a look to see what had happened.

"I realised it was a really posh Porsche so we were all joking about the poor guy who had managed to get it stuck and how much money it was going to cost them.

"To get to that point, he would have to come through an equally muddy section – I have no idea what he was thinking.

"I just can't believe he could have got that far to begin with, then to submerge it in that puddle.

"We're miles from a main road and the track doesn't go anywhere. It's just mind boggling how he ended up there. We called the police to let them know it was there.

"They came along and took the registration number of the car which turned out to be Andre Wisdom's."

Wisdom signed on-loan from Liverpool last month.

This also raises the question of how much players are paid.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

£100,000 Porsche, just about sums up what's wrong with football these days.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

£100,000 Porsche, just about sums up what's wrong with football these days.

Especially for his age and the fact he owns a fancy house already, I have to say I felt sorry for him.

Perhaps he might invest in a better satnav? Then again, I wonder why he didn't just as a new team mate to show him. Only whilst he got used to the new area and able to find his way, I am surprised Derby didn't think about it. I guess these days are long past but the worrying thing is the standard of modern footballers, Andre is no fool. :/

Archived