womens 2019 france world cup

liampie

its been on at home and i have casually watched, some of the games have been quite entertaining. usa look a very good team with their passing, finishing for most of the squads had been questionable and the same could be said about the defending.

its just a shame var slows down what already is a pretty slow and scrappy standard of football.

I've been following results but not watching matched as I fancied a small break from football. But I watched my first match yesterday, Norway versus Australia. It was superb entertainment with an almost ludicrous number of attempts on goal thanks to the complete lack of any midfield. And now England are on the telly.

When you watch a lot of men's football you do tend to notice the relative lack of physicality and the lower pace, you're constantly expecting players to reach balls they don't get near and that can frustrate. But you become attuned to it after a while.

I have seen some, mostly the England ladies who seems a bit hit and miss. I think the Argentina game has created the issue where they are not expecting teams to be as direct as Cameroon attempted to play. A better team could have punished the weak defending.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived