Match Discussion: Game 6 - The Fleet (A)

PON_News

Game 6 - The Fleet (A)

Team: Ebbsfleet United

Date: 24/08/19

Where: Stonebridge Road

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Supporter+

Ebbsfleet are dead last and let's be honest, it's not by accident, it's because they are a poor side. Lost 5 out of 5. -9 goal difference. 4 goals scored in 5 games. 13 goals conceded in 5 games (most in the division). Notts simply have to win this game. Anything less would be shocking. 3-1 to Notts. 

These are the fixtures that we are made to look silly. Teams everyone is beating always turn us over and I dread the same happening on Saturday. After the Wrexham performance you would hope we can secure 3 points but it’s Notts and my money is on a hard fought draw ......☹️ 

The strikers really need to step up now and show some composure instead of trying to burst the net and only succeeding in blasting high or wide.

This is the first game this season that I think we really should be winning. But away at the bottom of the league is always a banana skin. If we're professional, work hard and pick up from where we left off on Sunday, I'm hopeful of three points. It wouldn't be a bad game for Thomas or Tyson to break their duck either.

At first glance their away end looks a bit like the old Kop, pretty old school. Who's going?

Supporter+

No point dressing it up. Awful result against a poor side. Monday can't come quick enough. 

Read my post from Thursday!!! 

Yes frustrated, annoyed and somewhat angry ...... however it’s a draw away - it feels like a defeat because we should have won AGAIN against a team who had no points before today. Until the strikers take responsibility, find some composure in front of goal we will continue to struggle to win games.

I don't know, I'm not disappointed by the actual result.

I'm concerned about the nature in which we gave the lead away twice, however, football is like this and sometimes the teams who aren't doing that well lift their game for matches like this one. Did we not say last season that teams would be doing this? Now the seasons started, some are acting like we are self-entitled to gain promotion just because of who we are. The squad needs further time to gel, I don't think Neal Ardley has figured all of the pictures out with his tactics but I am encouraged.

I've missed two games so far, we have looked alright in the other ones I have seen.

Considering some wonder where the goals will come from (myself included at times), yesterday taking the lead twice was a positive. The negative is how we fail to make Ebbsfleet work for the goals we conceded, but again, after last season and the fact our defence is pretty much new. It will take time!

I think I would be more annoyed if we had lost and totally been outplayed, it sounds like either team had a good game and for us too many of our players didn't step their own performances up. Regan Booty finding the net, finally I feel will be important - he seems like the type of lad that wants to score on a regular basis.

• Like 2

I suppose if your glass is half full, you can at least say we're regularly taking the lead, unlike last season (although that really cannot be the yardstick). Trouble is, once you get into the habit of losing leads it can really get into your head and become a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy. We need to cut it out and get a couple of wins on the board.

How were the individual performances?