Match Discussion: Game 26 - The Shaymen (A)

PON_News

Game 26 - The Shaymen (A)

Team: FC Halifax town

Date: 21/12/19

Where: The Shay

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

touch game with them doing well and looking like a solid team.

people will say notts has the better team but our recent form does not compare, i think being away from home right now is the only benefit. ardley needs to make a few changes. keep lacey in team, allow osborne to start.

• Like 1

I'm fearing another defeat, everything seems negative and I don't think Neal Ardley will make changes. If Sam Osborne doesn't start after he won the Chesterfield game, it will just lead to people wanting him out.

He needs to get a response from the players.

Halifax will probably give us a bit more time on the ball early on, yet I do expect them to go for it.

I just see them wanting to suss us out properly before going for it, I also suspect they'll have done their home work and seen in previous games where we are week. I hope for our sake that this has been properly ourselves, the opposition shouldn't be that hard to figure out. We have some excellent players for this division, which should be shinning but team wise it could be much better.

• Like 1

The selection might be the most interesting part about the game, I am also not expecting a win but some signs of a good performance would be nice. I would take a point in games like this, some will say it's not good enough but neither is losing every other game.

You can build from gaining points and that's why one will do me.

Halifax are just a very well organised team which fight for each other.

If every player starting gave 100%, our quality would show. The biggest issue is moving the ball in the right away and, avoiding switching off at the back. The club needs someone younger to sit on the ball other than Michael Doyle, he doesn't have quick enough feet. Regan Booty is also better at being the advanced player further, so with Jim O'Brien being injured I think we will be limited.

Likewise with the flanks, other than Sam Osborne we have nobody who will take on the opposition or stay wide.

Well what an away day that was, a great early Christmas present!

I thought the first half was a bit of a non-event. Started okay, but quickly started playing too safe and the final ball was poor. Halifax didn't really deserve to go in 1-0 up.

However the second half was like watching a completely different game. We just shifted the tempo, the passing was quicker, we actually knocked the ball for players to run onto and put some crosses in! Enzio was on it. Not so much of the drifting inside, more using the width beating his man and getting balls into the box. Lacey has stepped in nicely, decent in the air but he's much quicker across the ground than Turner. He won his far share of tackles and was pretty spot on all game. Just looks like a really good athlete to me!

Also I'm pleased for Ross Fitzsimons, I thought he did really well considering it was his first game in ages. Notts have a clip of the final goal on twitter now, doesn't show the bit where he came and grabbed the ball in the crowded box a good 15 yards out from his goal. Last season he'd have been stood under his crossbar...

Back to back away wins now, bring on Maidenhead!

• Like 3

the second half sounded better on the radio, i think with some of the players it is all down to confidence because once this has been lifted we seem to thrive. i am pleased for mitch rose and ross fitzsimons, im sure nobody wants them to fail but seeing them step up and earn positive feedback it must be good.