Match Discussion: Game 29 - The Magpies (A)

PON_News

Game 29 - The Magpies (A)

Team: Maidenhead United

Date: 01/01/20

Where: York Road

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

the form is much better, suddenly a lot of experts are on social media proclaiming how good ardley is. 😆 imagine if some said this when more seemed vocal about wanting him out.

i think it will end up as a draw myself.

if notts won another game it would be unbelievable.

I'm hoping this form can continue, the club has the majority of fans on board with this positive vibe. I feel when Notts is one, we have this sense of being unbeatable - it's keeping this going during the blips but, I do think it helps massively.

The game needs to pick up in terms of performance, I know, the last game we did well to win but the whole performance didn't sound like the best.

That and 2020, must start off as we mean to go.

I don't think Notts looked like they would score today, there was glimpses of good stuff but many of the players just seemed content to pass the ball.

Nobody really digged deep enough.

I think we are somewhat lucky to leave with a point, considering two of their efforts. One of which was cleared off the line!

Not a great game but defended well. Rawlo and Lacey forming a good partnership in defence. 

Should have had the lead in the first half. Enzio with a good dink to the back stick for Sammy who blazed over when he should have broke the net. 

Good ball by Enzio from a free kick in which Denno missed his header and Rawlinson should have tapped it in.

Didn't create much second half. My issue is, is that when teams press us, we don't move the ball quick enough and we become rather flat and lethargic. The midfield has done better in recent weeks but when we do get it in midfield, we need to get it at our feet and run at defenders. 

We lost too many second balls today too. Not a good or bad performance. We just seem to have two sides to us. The Boxing Day/Halifax version or the Barrow/Aldershot version. We know this team can do it but it's about doing it consistently. Clean sheet is a positive. Massive game now against Bromley and one that will truly tell us if we are in this or not. 

It's not a bad result.

If anything it settles the expectation that unrealistic people got from winning a few games on the trot, after doing the same with being defeated. It just says we have to balance things a bit more but I do feel it's fair to say the run of games has taken its toll, if only a bit.