Match Discussion: Game 31 - The Whites (H)

PON_News

Game 31 - The Whites (H)

Team: Dover Athletic

Date: 18/01/2020

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

think we need to forget about yesterday, focus on making sure we are ready to kick on again.

i was unsure if the game would have benefits, but i do think it will allow neal ardley to focus more on dover. i think they will want to cause trouble from the off, not physically but by attacking us.

Notts have played some good football at home, I would like to see this continue. If the pace of the game is quick, I do feel we are better at controlling the play if players like Michael Doyle slow it down at the back.

I'm hoping for another win.

It's a good game for Notts to prove their promotion worth, Dover are a decent team but nothing special. If they're allowed space and, time on the ball - I would expect them to do well. They work hard for each other, yet it's a game we should really be winning.

I'm hoping for a good attendance, the club really should be trying to get more fans down for the home run we have coming up.

I can see Notts winning 2-0, if we play to a way that pins Dover back.

A win would start to give Notts some cushion space in the playoffs, plus enhance our chances of securing a place above them.

I expect Barrow to struggle, I dont think they will have the fitness required to keep up.

Dover are a typical National League team, nowhere near good enough for league football but can beat anyone in this division on their day. I'm hoping Notts can claim a convincing 3-0 win.

Notts will have done their home work I am sure, Neal Ardley needs to send the squad out with a rocket and tell them to go for it. Most teams in the national league either get breaks in the game or want to force mistake from what I have seen, defensively I just hope for a clean sheet.

I am confident if this happens Notts can get the points.

I’m pleased Tuesday was postponed, it was a filthy night with wind & driving rain which would have made the game a lottery. 
we just need to carry on the way we have been and fingers crossed we can get another 3 points. 
It’s such a shame we couldn’t hit the ground running from the start of the season and with the dip in results recently it’s left us some catching up to do.

i have every faith in the gaffer and the lads to do their Absolute best .... that’s all we can hope for.

I don't how much about Dover, or most teams in this league. I do know when Notts plays well or as a team we are harder to beat. On the day it will go down to whoever wants the points more, you have to take what chances come.

I'm hoping that we see a good entertaining game.

Right, first and foremost I think the point is very fair - personally I happy with that.

First half might has well not taken place, there was little to say about it and most fans told me they felt bored.

Second half was better, I think Notts needed to attack the game better. I think Wes Thomas should have stayed one and played as a wide striker, with Nathan Tyson coming on at the other side. I would have played Kyle Wootton up top, and added Kristian Dennis behind him.

I would have instructed Tyson and Dennis to drift back to support the midfield, with Enzio Boldewijn and Sam Osborne going off.

I just feel we needed to be more attacking minded, Dover looked very iffy and dodgy at the back. The right pressure would have seen them crumble or allow more space for a shot. They organised themselves very well, put bodies behind the ball and did appear to be happy with a point. Personally, I felt they had one or two good chances which a better team would have finished.

That's why I am happy with a point.

If I supported Dover, I would feel disappointed and frustrated because they looked woeful up top.

Yes, Notts defended much better and looked class in this area. Yet Dover still managed to get into areas where they should have shot on target, very poor game.

• Like 2

Neither team "played well", it was one of those games which just cancels each other out.

I think Notts tried to be too clever with the ball.

Dover played a much simpler game which made them possibly edge the game in terms of goal scoring chances. Notts and them were extremely poor on goal. If some of the players gave a bit more fight, like we saw when Tyson chased every ball perhaps the game would have favoured us.

• Like 2

Guest gtownjohnno

Just realised who their manager is....... Does anybody remember him playing?... If you do you will realise how his team was going to play....". They shall not pass..." ......... Add to the mix a Sunday morning league ref and you have the makings of a very dour game of footy...!!!!!!!!!!!