he will always be a notts icon and hero, it will be a sad day when he hangs up his boots.

good luck to him going still. :) 

I thought he had retired awhile ago to be honest, good luck with the move though Lee.

He needs to settle down sooner or later, but if he enjoys playing then that's his choice. His memories created playing for Notts will always be remembered.

Just looked this up ... he was at Mickleover Sports before this, and came on as a sub against Grantham during the week. Good luck to him, he clearly loves playing.

Incidentally, Craig Westcarr (who scored) and Declan Dunn both started for Grantham in that game, and Francois Zoko and Remaye Campbell were on the bench.

He said at the Ben Hastings memorial game at Meadow Lane that he would be retiring, but you can clearly see he gets a massive buzz from the game. He did look very fit there, he didn't stop and ran rings around Nottingham City Transport, usually just by his clever movement and feet.

I wish him all the best with his new move.

19 hours ago, gtownjohnno said:

@Wilfordpie Playing i think.... Loads of problems there behind the scenes so who knows....?? 

That doesn't sound good at all, Lee should get a few more fans through the turnstiles.

He might as well have come back here until the end of the season, there would be more fight in him than some of them.

• Like 1

The days of Lee Hughes wearing a Notts shirt won't be forgotten by the fans who enjoyed the Munto season and the few after that, good luck to him at Grantham. It's hard to tell if he's stepping or stepping down divisions with how often he moves.

If he still enjoys it, and it keeps him active I doubt any Notts fan would wish him anything but the best.

One day, I hope he gets a chance to go properly into management. That could be one way to see Lee Hughes return to Meadow Lane, best of luck to him at his new club.

I’ll be going to watch Lee at some point, I think it would be great to catch up with him and show support.

I think some fans will go to watch him at grantham as its not tht far when notts arnt playing.

It would have been cool to see Lee play in his prime more, but its good to see him continuing to play. I thought he was managing now myself.