Misheard song lyrics

Chris

We all do it, there's some classic or cheesy song that we sing but don't actually know the full words. I remember seeing the Peter Kay sketch, it reminded me - as I have been listening to the Corrs a lot lately.

Breathless....

I always heard as "So go on, go on
Come on leave me Bradley."

It's actually,

So go on, go on
Come on leave me breathless. 🤣

There was also an old sketch done by Jasper Carrot involving Lyrics from Bohemian Rhapsody. Listening to irritating people with Walkmans on (all the kids on here going walk what?!?) during train trips that get lyrics wrong. He went on to imitate one with instead of:

beelzebub has a devil put a side for me

Replaced with:

beelzebub has a devil for a sideboard.....

So you see, Peter Kay even nicks ideas off other people and puts his own great twist on it!

4 hours ago, Fozzy said:

An advert from many many years ago selling tapes (yes, that old!). It was brilliant at the time and very funny.

Would paste it properly, but not letting me so you will have to make do with the link!!

Ha Ha,I remember the original ,Israelites by Desmond Decker and the Aces.It was on the juke box in The Red Lion ,Alfreton((My home town),. in  about 1969 and when it got to the 'oh,oh me israelite' bit everyone joined in singing just like the ad-'me ears are alight' and that was before the  ad came out

23 hours ago, Chris said:

We all do it, there's some classic or cheesy song that we sing but don't actually know the full words. I remember seeing the Peter Kay sketch, it reminded me - as I have been listening to the Corrs a lot lately.

Saw the title of this topic and was going to quote something from this clip. 

Thought the'She's a must to avoid 'was 'She's a muscular boy'

• super_ram changed the title to Misheardhttps://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/topic/8944-misheard-song-lyrics/ song lyrics

I see Trees of green = I see Theresa Green

• 2 weeks later...

Archived