What was your first Notts match?

Honestly, I don’t remember. It would have been like 1993, my Grandfather Ray took me with my brother. I remember walking to the ground after he parked, I know we was either top or at least 4th.

As I asked my grandfather if Notts would get promoted to the Premier League.

I do think we won 2-1.

It was lightly raining and somewhat cold, but everything else is a blur.

I remember being about 3 years old, so maybe about 1959, was walking up and down on the Kop with my cousin, don't know who we played or what the score was, after that it would be about 1970, we were playing Bradford Park Avenue and won 5-2. Been going down the Lane ever since. COYP CTID

October 5th 1957.My Uncle Stan,my dad's youngest brother,took me to my first Rams away game. Division 2(second tier in those days)Notts won 1 - 0.I don't remember who scored but I remember Notts centre half,Peter Russell, was sent off.Attendance - 23966.

• Chris unfeatured this topic

Archived