meg_walshx

Sauces in the fridge or cupboard?

I know this is a random topic. But do you keep keep your sauces e.g ketchup, mayo etc in the fridge or cupboard? 

My preference is in the cupboard, even though it states on the bottle to put it in the fridge  

• Like 4

*Walks into the kitchen to open up the fridge....

hungry danny devito GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Thank god. 😛

(This is @cheeky~k8 department, I don't do sauces)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cupboard until they are open, then in the fridge as they last longer that way. Not many like sauce in our house so they need to last ages. We only have tomato ketchup & mayo anyway.

• Like 1

no thank you, i dont like any of them. ketchup tastes like rotten tomatoes to me.

• Like 2

I keep ketchup and mustard in the cupboard. I never put them in the fridge. 

• Like 1

Fridge normally after they are open, but sometimes forget and put them in the cupboard after use.

Sauce does tend to last us ages and we always keep them a lot longer than the recommended time scale, not harmed me yet!!

• Like 2

I have them all, I'm taken back that not many seem to have different types.

Mustard, ketchup, daddies brown sauce, salad cream, bolognese, mayo, chilli, gravy.

I don't keep any in the fridge, they're used quick enough and I prefer most at room temperature instead of chilly. 

• Like 1

I don't own any ketchup (yuck!) or mayo. But the sauces I do use (mainly barbecue sauce and garlic sauce, oh and mustard) go in the cupboard, and then in the fridge once I've opened them. I've never had one actually go mouldy, but one barbecue sauce with whisky (Jim Beam?) took on a very chemical flavour after a while and was more or less inedible.

• Like 1

Actually, I love gravy but I wouldn't bracket this into this type of stuff though.

• Like 1

I keep most actually, condiments normally go in the fridge and anything safe to store at room temperature  the cupboard. There’s one thing I ain’t, and that’s a fussy eater.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2020 at 16:29, NottsTastic said:

I don’t mind Ketchup, but I don’t have anything else and I only have it with chips or those kind of things.

Same here, I don't have a lot of ketchup but it can make something taste different from time to time.