Match Discussion: Game 39 - The Spitfires (H)

PON_News

Game 39 - The Spitfires (H)

Team: Eastleigh

Date: 14/03/2020

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Supporter+

This is a game Notts would be expected to win and I think they will. The attitude is right. The team is in a good place. Confidence is high.  

The advantage should make it somewhat easier, I can't help but feel more of the players need to get on with being fouled. DKE and Roberts just get on with it, but at this level the refs miss an awful lot.

I think it will be quite open to be honest.

i have a feeling with the premier league and efl games being suspended for now, i think the fa will put pressure on the national league to do the same thing. how likely is it that they will allow the game to go ahead?

it would be very annoying if this ended up being last minute.

Notts are growing in confidence every time someone scores, yesterday they could have gotten 5 or more but looked like they wanted to reserve their energy. First half wasn't the most entertaining but the second ended being very enjoyable.

A clean sheet, I just hope they don't postpone the league for too long.

for the most part yesterday seemed like a typical league game, no signs of anyone with the virus and people just need to follow the government guidelines.

the win was fantastic.

first half was not bad at all, i think notts played a decent tempo and did very well. you can see the confidence in the strikers, kristian dennis played very well and even the young lad at left back impressed me. thought the whole squad played well.

It feels like 09/10 all over again.

The squad are doing well, it would be a shame if the coronavirus caused performance issues because the team look like they want to play and score for fun. Once the third went in yesterday, it was game over. Credit to Eastleigh but it shows those who went to the opening fixture just how much the clubs improved over time.

Roberts and Wootton look something special.

Hello all, Chester FC supporter here.
My team didn’t have a game yesterday so I went on a groundhop to your game as I had never visited Meadow Lane before. I have compiled a match vlog which shows all of the goals, plus much more, so feel free to watch if you wish:

Best of luck to you for the rest of the season.
Thanks, Rio Doherty.

• Like 1