Sign in to follow this  
TheSkipper

What are you doing differently now due to the pandemic?

I hope everyone is keeping safe and taking this seriously, it's not something that we should be ignoring.

I'm curious what people are doing differently now due to the pandemic?

Today I've been told that I don't have to travel to Sheffield until late April, this could be extended but it means I have plenty of free time. I'll be staying in Leeds where I go to Uni.

My families locked up in various parts of Nottingham.

I'm keeping in contact with my grandparents and parents via skype. They're all fine and staying home to be safe.

• Like 2

im barely leaving my room at the moment, just spending time online and watching tv.

not much else you can do with everything going off.

hope everyone is keeping safe and are well.

• Like 1

I still have work, so I'm following the steps to be cautious. I think it's only a matter of time until I join those under lockdown.

• Like 1

I wish people would keep their distance normally, people also need to listen to not going out unless its essential. Until some people left who arnt listening stop, we will be in lockdown for a long time.

• Like 1

Not much for me has changed, but the limitations of not going out will eventually send my stir crazy. It’s for the best though, I have no issuers with it.

No difference for me and @GrannyPie either.We're in virtual permanent lock down anyway,difference now is visits are severely restricted so we'll miss the grandkids.We're both very   grateful for help with shopping,etc being offered. Hopefully the measures being taken will start to take effect and things will get back to normal sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

Still at work, customers are becoming more and more ridiculous.

There's no difference for me but I am growing increasingly annoyed with how dumb people react in these types of situations. I hope everyone on PON is well. 

• Like 1

Doing school work from home and staying in my room most of the time, just watching TV and stuff,

Avoid shopping completely, I can't be bothered with dealing with it.

I just rely on home orders, it's how every supermarket should be handling it right now.

@thommo if people dont overbuy that would be good but currently some things arnt available online so people have to go to the shops for some things. There also isnt enough slots available for the amount of people wanting to use it... Alot are missing out.

Keep distant and relying of my children to bring me my groceries.

I have been gardening a bit more as a way to deal with the isolation too.

The only two things I'm really doing different is doing my school work on my computer and not visiting family

I'm working from home now, so that's novel. There's plenty of work to do though, which is just as well. Shopping trips are being kept to once a week as I really don't fancy being among people at all right now. I think I'll feel it more at the weekend - no football, no festivals, no visits. And no eating out either - we like to go out for a meal at the weekend, last weekend we took an Indian meal to go, this time we'll probably just go without.

• Like 1

Not working but still being paid, rather than being paid and not working. 😛 

Not really much unusual things. Our province is not under total quarantine and my millwork shop works as before. As well as my wife works regular schedule. 

Also there are not a lot of changes in our farm (after work) life. We have lambing time now and it’s very stressful. This winter is unbelievable long, yesterday we had -27C, right now it’s -21C (while normal temperature for this season in our area is +5+10C). We already lost many lambs and chickens because cold. 

The only things that has changed are that we can’t use a library (closed) and cancelled our trip to Edmonton. 

• Like 1

Shopping is different but pleased stores are doing the distancing with people respecting that.

It's very quiet at the moment.

I'm just plodding along regardless and changing as is what required.