Preston North End vs Notts County

Chris

I'm hoping we can break our recent form which least nobody can say we aren't consistent. This is really a game I'd like to us win, as I don't like the comment I've been reading in the media but not only because of this, I feel Preston is exactly the type of opposition we need to be beating. Having said that, I don't really rate them very highly.

No jinxing but I feel it's going to be a very tight game, I think we'll win 1 - 0.

Changes are it's going to be pretty eventful.

I think we'll take around 300 odd fans. (Hopefully they'll chant and cheer throughout the match) I'll be glued to the radio, listening to uncle colin and deano.

What does everyone else think?

We both have tough games. Your away form is good, that should be something you can take into the game. What's the chances of a high scoring game? I will say 2 - 3 to Notts. MK Don's is one I'm very wary about but we should see a good partnership between the pairing of Rodgers and Morgan which is something that is giving us Shrews something to be optimistic about. Dare I say we could win this? I don't know. I'm bricking it. Rodgers will be glad to be up against his old friend lowe too.

No match for Rams tonight so I will be listening to Radio Nottm.All away matches are tough but given Notts away record this season i'm predicting a draw at the least and a draw for the Shrews or possibly a win.Good luck to both of you.

Sounded like Notts were under a lot of pressure from the start but defended resiliently and had a few half chances themselves.Still a good point and the unbeaten away record continues .The Shrews were very unlucky to concede a goal so late but that's the way it goes .

Supposedly JCR (Player in my sig) has broken one of their players legs, I didn't hear any mention of this on the radio but I'm getting quite a lot of stick/abuse on two general football forums where I post. It's odd, I'm sure if Preston wasted time against a team they was struggling to play it would probably be nothing more than 'oh we've hung on' but because they don't like it we've cheated them, the refs crap and we're scum.

I hope the player in question hasn't broken his leg, though if it's true that their players was trying to start trouble then Preston fans should really look at themselves.

Still a very good draw, I think we all knew this was going to be tough.

preston fans are a joke joe, just ignore them.

i watched the highlights just out of interest, the challenged looked just mistimed. no intent there at all, so i really don't get why it's being made to be seen as if your player went out to break his leg. what footballer apart from roy keane does that? none in the modern game. it just likes you spoiled there day and the vented anger is just due to that. you stopped them scoring! good result

Was at a school GCSE presentation evening so got back home for the second half, although it was Soccer Special (couldnt bare to listen to commentary from Robin "f*rest were amazing" Chipperfield). Looking at the highlights on Magpie Player it looks like we got hammered for 90 minutes but the way in which we defended was outstanding, and if we continue like that, we'll be in good shape.

Ofcourse, the game was really overshadowed by Campbell-Ryce's rash tackle which left Scott Laird with a broken leg. Whilst we cant defend JCR for a stupid, reckless tackle, Graham Westley's comments in the build up to the game added a lot of spice to the contest, and I did think it was likely something like this ould happen. Very unprofessional on his part I think.

Still, its done now. We wish Scott Laird a succesfull and speedy recovery, and take a well earned point from a tough place to go to. Think I'm right in saying only Crawley and Sheffield United have won there this season, and they have had a lot of draws

Archived