Playing football

This is a discussion a little out of the ball park a little, however, it's always good to learn something about the community, and its members.

Are you duel footed when it comes to playing football? (can you control/kick/pass/score with both feet) 

Which foot is your primary side?

--

When I was younger, I used to find it difficult to hold my pen in my right hand so I would switch to my left hand. My writing was pretty weak with both hands, yet dramatically worse in my left. With time, I managed to improve it enough to get by, and I took this new learning into playing football. I started playing dominantly with my weaker foot. I forced myself to train, shoot, tackle, pass and run using my left foot.

It's virtually natural now, I can do everything I can with my right foot but with my left.

On the pitch, I believe it gives players an advantage when it comes to using the weaker side. It's not something which gets taught, which I feel it should as it's the only way to improve. I've been involved, and see multiple youth setups including Notts and no focus was put on using the weaker foot.

Having a primary preference is great, especially if you can excel above other stands but duel footed is something special.

Thoughts?

I was a talentless, very right-footed, defensive right back. I sometimes played as centre half until everyone realised that I couldn't head the ball!

I'm also very right-handed - I even hold my fork in my right hand when I eat. The other way round just seems unnatural.

I'm right footed, but I can do some things with my left foot.

Passing short distance and getting the ball on target is fine, crossing or long passes I would probably fall over. I do have the ability to turn sharply and bring the ball back onto my preferred foot.

I cannot write with my left hand and I wouldn't even bother trying.

Archived