Harrogate to ground share at Doncaster

Piethagoram

My take on this is, it's more down to the Football League being out of sync with other league structures.

3G pitches are fine if they're well maintained.

I believe when I was younger, Kidderminster Harriers were refused entry into the Football League due to their ground. This just punishes teams, the fans and hinders a club natural progress. Also, with Harrogate I believe it's only for a few games - they've earned promotion.

Clubs like Coventry that have played at other teams stadiums [Northampton Town's] would have to be looked into.

From what I have seen, Harrogate have a better ground than Barrow.

Let them have their promotion, hopefully they can build and improve with more investment.

Stevenage were denied promotion to the EFL due to inadequate stadium facilities so same should apply here.

We shouldn't be granted promotion either as we didn't earn it.

Harrogate deserve the promotion so the EFL should be doing more to help clubs like this. Ground sharing shouldn't be an option and to say it's only for a few months is abit more surprising as I'm sure there was a big fuss between Coventry and Spurs playing home matches at 2 seperate stadiums in the same season.

1 hour ago, KB1862 said:

We shouldn't be granted promotion either as we didn't earn it.

It's a clutching at straws situation, it won't happen.

I hope they manage to invest further into their own stadium, my focus is on us getting back to the EFL. Only reason a club should be refused promotion is if their ground is dangerous or they have nowhere suitable to play.

@Chris tbf I don't want it to happen, like I say we didn't earn it. We need to earn it. 

If the stadium doesn't meet stadium regulations than it's down to the club if they don't do anything but if they need help in meeting the standards, the EFL should step in and help as like I've said, they earned promotion. 

On 04/08/2020 at 11:26, Piethagoram said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53637169

There should be stricter regulations, if their ground isn't ready to meet EFL regulations, they shouldn't be promoted

If they'd been splashing the cash on players while playing in front of a glorified bus shelter I'd agree, but 3G and 4G pitches are a different issue and the Football League needs to be more pragmatic here.

If plastic pitches are to remain banned, it would be reasonable to give promoted clubs a grace period (two, three seasons?) to replace them, in the same way that clubs promoted to the Championship get three years to replace any terracing with seats. As it's a short summer break, it'd surely be OK to give them a year.

Alternatively, they could just play away until it's ready, like Notts used to do when we played at Trent Bridge. There are plenty of examples of the League being flexible, just not with its new members. Mind you, until fans are allowed back in, they might as well play on the moon.

Archived