Ratings: Notts v Barnet (NL)

Super_Danny_Allsopp

Slocombe - 6 - The second goal could have been pushed anywhere but where it was. Perhaps a harsh criticism.

DKE - 4.5- He was poor. I said in the ratings against Altrincham that DKE was pushing to replace Brindley as the first-choice RB. On this performance, Brindley will feel at ease. Poor distribution, beaten constantly down his side. 

Rawlinson - 6.5 - More comfortable alongside Lacey.

Graham - 5.5 - Won a lot of headers but clumsy at times in possession. Him and DKE made a mess of the 1st  and he let his man go for the 2nd.

McCrory - 6.5 - Needs time to get back up to speed but was OK. Barnet's threat came primarily from their wingers.

Roberts - 8 - He's soo good. Made his goal look effortless.

Doyle - 8 - MOM. Really impressive passing range and a goal. Captain fantastic. 

Reeves - 8 - Seems to be taking the ball from one of the CBs one second, and breaking into the opposition box the next. Dynamite. 

Enzio - 7.5 - A bit more like the Enzio we know. Loach maybe will be upset he didn't keep the shot out.

Ruben Rodrigues - 7.5 - What a player. You can see he is adjusting already, a few more games and he will be firing on all cylinders. 

Wootton - 8 - Can't stop scoring and assisting. What a player

O'Brien - 7 - Solidified when he came on.
Thomas - 7 - Turns his man so many times, including for our 4th.
Brindley - N/A 

*Roberts would be a 9 for me: His efforts thought-out the game was very good, both picking up the ball and, then distributing it. He covered quite a lot of the wider area back and, fourth which injected a lot of danger to the game against Barnet.

I think 6 is harsh for Slocombe, he wasn't at fault for either goal. If the defenders didn't pack themselves into the small area within our own penalty box, someone should've been able to clear it. He did what he could just by pushing it out there.

Enzio wasn't very good, his goal hit a bump or deflection. However, he was very greedy and, wasteful with the ball.

Doyle played well, but Roberts deserves the MOM in my opinion.

Slocombe didn’t really have anything to do, could he have done better with the second? Possibly but the Barnet forward did the right thing shooting across the goal, it was always going to be roughly parried out in Hooper’s direction.

Maybe a touch harsh on DKE as well, he started the game well he did slowly get worse – I agree him and Graham really should have been able to stop the first goal.

I agree with the rest of ratings. It was a weird game on the whole, it shouldn’t have ended up so edgy as Barnet didn’t really have any sustained spells of pressure in the game. One punt in the first half and then a sloppy pass which allowed them to break in the second. Poor from us but I think they were quite lucky to get two goals from that game.

Slocombe  6 Generally well protected, criticism for the parry, rather harsh

DKE 5 Yes some sloppy passing but from a strategic point of view, his link play with Roberts, allowed the latter the freedom to cause the damage. Certainly at home , I would prefer DKE over Brindley in this respect

Rawlinson 6 a new centre back partnership needs time to bed down

Graham 5 Needs to make decisions and take responsibility quicker

McCrory 5.5 a testing time with the winger, but thought he did OK

Roberts 8.5 Basically if we don't go up, we will lose this gem. That lay off from Wootton, one knew he would score.

Doyle 7.5 Captain fantastic, capped with a goal ( raises the question, the oldest player to score for #Notts????)

Reeves 7.5 Midfield "engine #2" the ball carrier, an option than Mitch didn't have. Team is better for it.

Enzio 6.5 A good strike, which Loach may have done better to keep out. Feel that he should be doing more as defence is pulled towards Roberts threat on the other wing

Rodrigues 7 Some glimpses of what is to come.

Wootton 7.5 Played the target man well, the lay off for the first, the dummy for the 4th. 

Archived