Venlo 0 Ajax 13

Piethagoram

@Chris why was you surprised? 😂

Doesn't matter how poor the league is 13-0 is a demolition. PSG Barca Madrid Bayern etc don't do this. I mean it was 6 when they went down to ten men? 

I remember a few years ago Real Madrid faced criticism for scoring 9 v ten men. So I wonder if Ajax will? It can be a very damaging scoreline for players especially if there were young players in there.

19 hours ago, KB1862 said:

I remember a few years ago Real Madrid faced criticism for scoring 9 v ten men. So I wonder if Ajax will? It can be a very damaging scoreline for players especially if there were young players in there.

A couple of years ago I watched Waldhof Mannheim play a pre-season friendly at Germania Pfungstadt, who play at a very modest level of non-league and hadn't had such high-profile opposition in years. I went. For the first 20 minutes or so Waldhof treated it as a normal match, putting crosses into the box and stuff. It took a while to open the scoring. Then they realised they could keep the ball for as long as they wanted, wherever they wanted (even in Pfungstadt's penalty area). From then on the match resembled a grown man keeping the ball off a toddler. It finished 17-0 (but the penalty was soft).

In Britain teams tend to stop and go through the motions when they get four or five, but not in other countries. In Germany, scorelines like that are commonplace when there are a lot of leagues between the teams playing - they just carry on scoring. Shipping 13 against a team in your own division is exceptional, though.

6 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

A couple of years ago I watched Waldhof Mannheim play a pre-season friendly at Germania Pfungstadt, who play at a very modest level of non-league and hadn't had such high-profile opposition in years. I went. For the first 20 minutes or so Waldhof treated it as a normal match, putting crosses into the box and stuff. It took a while to open the scoring. Then they realised they could keep the ball for as long as they wanted, wherever they wanted (even in Pfungstadt's penalty area). From then on the match resembled a grown man keeping the ball off a toddler. It finished 17-0 (but the penalty was soft).

In Britain teams tend to stop and go through the motions when they get four or five, but not in other countries. In Germany, scorelines like that are commonplace when there are a lot of leagues between the teams playing - they just carry on scoring. Shipping 13 against a team in your own division is exceptional, though.

If you want high scoring games, look no further than the Estonia Cup. 16 17 even 22 are regularly scored in games

Archived