Match Discussion: Game 8 - The Hatters (H)

PON_News

Game 8 - The Hatters (H)

Team: Stockport County

Date: 11/11/2020

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

It will be a total U turn if Notts wins but I fear what might occur if a defeat comes.

Stockport can be beaten, its just about the work rate and desire in the game. Notts needs to be quicker, more keen to get the ball and press the opposition.

After our last two showings, I expect a very tough game here and I think we will lose.

The line-up will remain largely as it is because we don't have any quality in depth. You can swap out either of the CBs for Rawlinson (if fit) or Ben Turner, or bring Cal Roberts back in for JOB (again if fit), but beyond that, it is what it is.

Supporter+

You'd expect a response to Saturday's farcical performance. They responded well after the 1-0 defeat at Dover so you'd hope they will do the same again. Stockport had a fantastic win at Rochdale in the cup but they had lost to Weymouth at home and drawn with Solihull before that. Stockport are arguably a top 5 side in this division so it will be one of the tougher games. I don't think we can afford to lose this one, I know it's only November but we'll be playing catch up again this season if we do lose. I think we'll get a strong response so 2-1 to Notts. 

i think it could be an eye opener for some fans who keep suggesting that they will batter us, i dont think its likely. i can see the match being close, if notts can lift their own performance and work harder then i feel it could help to put us back on track.

58 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

After our last two showings, I expect a very tough game here and I think we will lose.

until notts allowed maidenhead in, the game was very exciting and i personally feel that the football was very enjoyable to watch. the issue was the defence,

The game has so much unnecessary pressure leading into it, but it should ease once the game begins. Notts needs to get a feel of what Stockport has about themselves, it's live on TV and that's another blessing in my eyes.

Neal Ardley knows a result would push Notts back up the table, the players understand what is required.

It's just getting it out of them.

At the moment, I don't think Stockport will batter us by any stretch of the imagine. I feel it's more closer to being a draw and, I am swaying towards 2-2.