History of the Clifton Estate

I can remember a certain sites members having an obsession with calling Clifton a dump or worse ($h[%h0((), but I know quite a lot of fans from there and, having been to the Uni (including walking around with my family) it's actually a nice place.

I went with John from The Pie and Loz Clough NCS to speak with Lillian Greenwood and, John/Lillian spoke about how people from Clifton didn't refer to themselves as being from Nottingham but Clifton. Due to them feeling close as a community and, despite all the people I have known that call it - including others. When I've been, I've often said I would move there. It's a unique area of Nottingham.

The Uni site is state-of-the-art.

Anywho, the link attached is very interesting.

I bet @super_ram will find it interesting, the pic of the children/teens playing cricket too.

i have lived in clifton all my life, its not as bad as others make out. we have had a lot of investment but its a peaceful area to live. i am looking to buy a home in this area, i dont want to move. i have looked at homes in beeston and west bridgeford last year but i like the familiarity with clifton.

i found the article to fascinating.

• 10 months later...

A lot of people on the outside will call Clifton, but its actually a very nice place to live and its firmly on the up. All the work with the tram line, the uni and other projects is putting even more life into Clifton.

I hadn't seen the article before, but as a Clifton lad its a good read.

Archived