Your say on Broad Marsh redevelopment

I know people have campaigned for a inner city park, with green space.

I wished they could rebuild the Broadmarsh back into a shopping centre, that had green spaces and was a nice place to explore. I used to enjoy going into several of the shops in there before it started to become all gloomy due to them closing down shops.

The idea of a cinema in there appealed because I don't like Cineworld anymore.

Going into Vic Centre is a nightmare too, all the money conned into that "development" which ended up as them just making it appear like there was more space, letting more natural light into the shopping centre but nothing all that major. The huge distraction outside [the big screen] is awful - so I hope Broadmarsh avoids that. It would help with making Nottingham's City Centre less congested if the shopping centre returned.

I'm sure there's a creative way to balance everything, allowing for green spaces but for a car park/useful shopping centre to be build.

Issue is where the money yet again will come from.

There's plenty of shops that Nottingham no longer has or are scattered around the Market Square but in smaller retail units. I would like the city to have two proper shopping centres with better food establishments in the Broadmarsh.

If they can fit some green spaces and build the car park creatively above ground level, I think everyone could get what they wish.

• 5 months later...

the building which has replaced the bus station looks awful, its sad to see the video, i watched it on the news yesterday but no real progress has been made elsewhere other than the awful car park thing.

Archived