Yearly Round Up 2020!

I just wanted to pop on to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year. 

I thought I would do a yearly round up. I thought it would be a good place for everyone to share their thoughts and the experiences this year. 

This year has been a very tough year for me, as it has been for everyone. If you don't follow me on twitter, unfortunately, this year I got diagnosed with some mental health illnesses. I first noticed this in the first lockdown, but didn't do anything about it until October. Everything that made me happy got taken away from me one by one, also before lockdown, I was in a job that was making me miserable. 

This year, should have been filled of loads of away days, theatre trips, a trip to Italy and I would have been able to drive. 

But, there has been highlights of this year, I found a new job (even though I've only worked there 4 months overall), I got 2 qualifications in mental health, I still got a holiday even if it was to Skegness (I do love it there), I built up my baking skills and gained new skills. My relationship with @ARLukomski survived and got stronger. 

I will be forever grateful that my family and friends are coming out of this year healthy. I just want to give my condolences to anyone who has lost family members, friends or anyone that they know this year. 

How has your year been? 

It's been a weird year, hasn't it?

My family and, I had planned to go away for a week in May but that got cancelled. It looked for a short time that it might be possible for us to head to Skegness, yet I think it was a few days before the first full lockdown was announced. Luckily, we managed to have 2 weeks in October and, celebrated Halloween there with somewhat normal sorroundings. It importantly gave me a fresh look on things, whilst important down time.

Since I haven't been as active as I should, but in the opposite direction I have committed more time towards my family.

It's been mostly okay, 2020 with the lockdown only really effected me with how I couldn't see friends or experience that match day escapse.

The positives are that I have managed to sort important areas out which I normally wouldn't have been able to do.

I've also re-started doing prints, modification at this point is the only worry - I lack it but I do want to re-find the happyiness I got from doing all the various tasks that once distracted me from my mental health.

Happy New Year, everyone!

On 31/12/2020 at 19:56, Megan_Elizax said:

Everything that made me happy got taken away from me one by one, also before lockdown

Oh, that's such a familiar one! The football was taken away, then the festivals, then the concerts, then pretty much any other social contact and - in my case - the visits to see my family (I didn't go at all in 2020). It might sound trivial when you consider what other people are suffering, but when you don't have those other little things to think about in the evenings and on weekends, you think about work instead and it becomes hard to switch off. I never spent evenings thinking about work before 2020. Unlike you, I haven't managed to find a new job yet, but maybe 2021 has something in store.

Good things? Finishing work at 3.30pm and laying in a hammock afterwards in spring wasn't too bad. And I started driving again too after a very long break. After that I'm struggling. Let's hope that this year brings us the light at the end of the tunnel we've all been yearning for!

Happy new year!

happy new year everyone!

for me it was depressing not to be working, since leaving school its all i have done and it caused issues with my training as the first lockdown saw my workplace close down for the duration of it. pay was not an issue but i dont feel comfortable not working for something i get. i am pleased that this time round we have stayed open but its a skeleton crew handling pallets and shipments which means more work but i am happy for it.

its been a terrible year, i miss going to notts games but at least a vaccine seems to be on the arisen.

Supporter+

Happy New Year all. 

My mother passed away in January. Then COVID. I was lucky in that I can work from home so I will be doing that until July 31st. I have a routine and it works well. 

Archived