how are you?

its been a long time in lockdown, a whole year without going to see notts and its got me thinking. how are you?

i know there are people struggling but i would encourage everyone just to open up and reply to this topic, you dont have to write a long worded response. some might not be bothered or see the point, but i think its worth asking.

Crap mate to be honest. Struggling to get motivated on the Notts front as I cannot get into watching them on a screen, it's just not the same or a substitute for the real thing. The sooner we're allowed back in the better.

i hear you, i miss going to meadow lane and i think we are all in the same boat with this.

watching football on a screen is different, i am glad its there but i get what you mean @Fozzy. you cant play out the same emotion as you can when watching a live game, on the other hand its easier to pick and choose when you want to watch. 😆 plenty of times to beat the queue for food, no half time hanging around for a cold hot dog or a half burnt pie that tastes like its been reheated 20 times already. 🤦🏻‍♂️

i have been lucky that the second lockdown my work has remained open and i keep busy, so not much for me. i am concerned about others a lot tho. :( 

I'm totally with @Fozzy, watching football matches being played out in an empty stadium on your laptop is really thin gruel. All the sights, sounds and fun of being in a crowd, or just watching a crowd, are totally missing. The longer it goes on, the easier it feels to drift away completely. I'm just looking forward to when we can go back.

I'm fortunate in that I've got plenty of work and can work at home (although it will be held against me - my boss thinks it's all "overblown). I haven't been to the UK in well over a year as my parents are shielding and it will take months until I'm vaccinated, if I can ever have it. So not too great to be honest. At least spring's coming...

it must be hard for those who are unable to see loved ones, i cant imagine what its like. i still live at my mums but after this is all over i do want to look at properties again. i think one thing is for sure we will all come out of this with our values in check.

22 hours ago, allardyces tash said:

Perfectly fine, I can cope with my own or limited company. Being someone who only reads social media I do not absorb it in and therefore the lockdown hasn't been that bad for me at all. Anyone struggling please reach out.

I'm kind of in this position too. It has been odd and strange but I can still do things that I enjoy at home. Don't get me wrong there are things I miss but I'm just grateful and lucky none of my friends or family have succumbed to Covid. And living further away from Notts now it's meant I've actually seen more games this season than I have for a while!

A bit frustrated and bored.  I sailed through the first lockdown because the weather was great and I spent most of it in the garden and doing outdoor DIY.  The latest lockdown has been a lot harder.  I'm lucky because we have been allowed to form a support bubble to see the grandkids, but still missing family occasions where we can all get together.  Also missing holidays, we usually do four or five a year.  Regarding Notts I feel the same as most, watching a live stream is a pale imitation of being there, but I buy all the home games mainly as a way of supporting the club.  Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel and I'll be able to say hello to a few mates at Meadow Lane when we play Weymouth on May 22nd, and maybe I will be lucky enough to get a Wembley ticket if we can beat Hornchurch.

Archived