Ratings Notts v Yeovil

Piethagoram

Slocombe 6.5  Well protected, a relatively easy afternoon but exudes confidence when necessary

Ellis 6.5 Missed a goal scoring chance but offers strength and positioning

Rawlinson 5.5 a slight dip in form but battles through. One playing too much football put Notts into trouble

Lacey 6 head in where it hurts

Barnett 7 Wonderful strike but can struggle defensively. Some crossing opportunities wasted

Enzio 6 Wing back showing responsibility for defensive duties

Reeves 7 One great strike and one assist, but littered with individual mistakes too

Doyle 5 some good some bad

JOB 5.5 Midfield with effort

Wootton 6 well marked

Effiong 5.5 plenty of running, still no real goal scoring threat

Slocombe 6 - Didn't have anything challenging to do, but did the basics well.
Rawlinson 6 - The odd nervy moment, but a decent performance overall.
Ellis 7 - Looks an excellent signing so far. Does exactly what you want from a centre back.
Lacey 6 - Did his job, I hope is injury is a minor one.
Enzio 7 - Did what you would expect from a wing back at both ends of the pitch.
Reeves 6.5 - Looked off the pace for much of the first half, showed his attributes after that.
Doyle 6 - Nothing special, but did his job.
O'Brien 7 - The usual 100% effort and always willing to try and create something.
Barnett 8* - Much better suited to wing back than full back, a real attacking threat and superb strike for his deserved goal.
Effiong 6.5 - Did his job well, showed he could still be an asset.
Wootton 6 - very little goal threat, but kept their defenders occupied.

Turner - 6.5 - slotted in well, did what he does best.
Knowles N/A

For once 3-5-2 didn't turn into 5-3-2.  We stopped all the sideways and backwards messing about in our own half, went more direct and played much of the game in their half.  Getting the ball forward quicker made us look a much better team.  Let's hope it's a lesson learned.

Slocombe  6 – Didn’t have too much other than claim a couple of crosses. If I was being picky I’d say some of his kicks were a bit shanked.

Rawlinson 6.5 – Slightly off game for him, but still solid. Dealt with RR pretty well, he’s physical. Just not that great on the ball this game that’s all.

Ellis 7 – Come in with a point to prove, impressed again. Decent on the ball, good in the air too. Looks dependable.

Lacey 6.5 – Pretty solid until the injury hope it’s nothing to serious.

Enzio 7 – He was a bit wasted having to defend but he did it surprising well – usually just being quicker was a good help. Looked good when he went forward, running at Dickinson caused problems.

Barnett 7 – Great goal. Great forward runs, him and Enzio were always available and generally used the ball well. Still not convinced with him defensively, be interested to see how he gets on when we go back to a back 4.

Doyle 5.5 – Below standard for him. Some good tackles granted, but poor set pieces and he might be fit but he’s not quick. Absolute shocker of pass in that second half when he had no-one on him. Think he could benefit from a rest now.

Reeves 6.5 – Goal was a corker but I still think he would benefit from playing with less touches, still gets caught trying to do too much with the ball at times but it was a better performance from him this week.

O’Brien 6.5 – Some good runs in behind, always tried to get involved. Poor set-pieces. Can’t fault the effort but sometimes I do think one man chasing on his own is a pointless if the team aren’t backing him up and pressing too.

Effiong 6.5 – Proved to be more of an annoyance to the Yeovil defence, first touch and hold play much improved.

Wootton 6 – Some usual nice flicks and touches but struggled to really cause them problems.

Subs.

Turner 6 – Kicked it and headed it away – basic but it plays to his strengths. Luckily didn’t have to worry about anyone with pace cos he does look considerable slower to me now.

Knowles N/A – But should’ve come on earlier cos Effiong was done by about the 75th min.

Thanks for the ratings everyone - I listened on the radio yesterday, so I'm not really in a position to add to them. Hopefully we can pick up where we left off on Tuesday. Fingers crossed that Lacey is fit and that we're not forced to shuffle the pack more than is necessary.

Archived