Ratings v Yeovil (away)

Super_Danny_Allsopp

Slocombe - 6 - Ability to judge when to rush out and when to not is just bizarre. Why he came that far out in the second half, I will never  know. Good save from Reid, but maybe  should have come out? Difficult to see with angles of the camera. 

Rawlinson - 5.5 - He wasn't terrible, but they conceded 2 again.

Ellis - 5.5 - Not sure who was at fault in the first half when Reid ran through clean on goal. Either Turner or Ellis (I have an inkling it might have been the former).

Turner - 0 - Should never play for us again. How many points has he cost us this season, per game he's played? Even if he plays 'well', he's a mistake waiting to happen. The mistake of letting the player skin you is acceptable (even expected from a player like Turner), but then to bring him down when we had numbers back defending, is just stupidity. He's clumsy and incapable of making the right decisions after mistakes. Even worse than that, he doubles down on mistakes: lets the ball bounce - boot to the face - red card.  Lets the man skin him -pulls him down - penalty. A liability.

Barnett - 4 - Not great. Plenty of effort but not a great amount of quality I'm afraid. Whatever he thought he was doing on the half way line when he's the last man, somebody needs to give his head a shake. Improved after Turner went off.

Enzio - 7 - Looked again our most creative player from RWB. Goal is peak Enzio. 

Doyle - 3 - When he gets the ball down and he's on it, his passing is probably second to none in this league. However, that's neither often enough nor simply enough - the performances aren't acceptable and he is another one who makes too many costly mistakes. Have no idea why he is never rested or dropped.

Reeves - 6.5 - Been a critic of him recently, but improved today. Much more running beyond his own position, getting suck in and not afraid to have a pop. Still a lot of crabbing though.

O'Brien - 5 - Probably unlucky to be the one hooked. He wasn't great by any stretch, but he was better than Doyle for sure.

Wootton - 2 - Been terrible for weeks. Lethargic and second to everything. Should be finishing that chance at the end.

Effiong - 6.5 - Extremely harsh to hook him as he was playing well and when Wootton was so terrible. Ardley will say that Wootton is more suited to the ball being on the deck following our change in style, but at the minute Wootton isn't winning anything on the deck or otherwise. 

Knowles - 7 - Ball came to him in the box and he had an air shot, I thought 'here we go'. Turned things around though and got in behind Dickinson (as bad as I remember him being) for an assist or two. 

Rodrigues - 6.5 - Scored. Couple of other flashes of quality.

11 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Slocombe - 6 - Ability to judge when to rush out and when to not is just bizarre. Why he came that far out in the second half, I will never  know. Good save from Reid, but maybe  should have come out? Difficult to see with angles of the camera. 

Rawlinson - 5.5 - He wasn't terrible, but they conceded 2 again.

Ellis - 5.5 - Not sure who was at fault in the first half when Reid ran through clean on goal. Either Turner or Ellis (I have an inkling it might have been the former).

Turner - 0 - Should never play for us again. How many points has he cost us this season, per game he's played? Even if he plays 'well', he's a mistake waiting to happen. The mistake of letting the player skin you is acceptable (even expected from a player like Turner), but then to bring him down when we had numbers back defending, is just stupidity. He's clumsy and incapable of making the right decisions after mistakes. Even worse than that, he doubles down on mistakes: lets the ball bounce - boot to the face - red card.  Lets the man skin him -pulls him down - penalty. A liability.

Barnett - 4 - Not great. Plenty of effort but not a great amount of quality I'm afraid. Whatever he thought he was doing on the half way line when he's the last man, somebody needs to give his head a shake. Improved after Turner went off.

Enzio - 7 - Looked again our most creative player from RWB. Goal is peak Enzio. 

Doyle - 3 - When he gets the ball down and he's on it, his passing is probably second to none in this league. However, that's neither often enough nor simply enough - the performances aren't acceptable and he is another one who makes too many costly mistakes. Have no idea why he is never rested or dropped.

Reeves - 6.5 - Been a critic of him recently, but improved today. Much more running beyond his own position, getting suck in and not afraid to have a pop. Still a lot of crabbing though.

O'Brien - 5 - Probably unlucky to be the one hooked. He wasn't great by any stretch, but he was better than Doyle for sure.

Wootton - 2 - Been terrible for weeks. Lethargic and second to everything. Should be finishing that chance at the end.

Effiong - 6.5 - Extremely harsh to hook him as he was playing well and when Wootton was so terrible. Ardley will say that Wootton is more suited to the ball being on the deck following our change in style, but at the minute Wootton isn't winning anything on the deck or otherwise. 

Knowles - 7 - Ball came to him in the box and he had an air shot, I thought 'here we go'. Turned things around though and got in behind Dickinson (as bad as I remember him being) for an assist or two. 

Rodrigues - 6.5 - Scored. Couple of other flashes of quality.

I'd go with most of those tbf. 

Ellis maybe a 6 as he offers more with the throw ins (when he is allowed to take them)

Turner's 0 is generous imo. I'd be looking at negative numbers and if he ever sees a Notts shirt again, it'll confirm Ardley has lost the plot.

Doyle 2 maybe as he's looked tragic for many weeks. Last night was no exception.

Good interview after the match, but words are easy. Having the gumption to drop Doyle etc...will show whether its all talk in the next League game (let's not use the cup as a one game drop and then back to normal)

Archived