Match Discussion: Game 36 - The Cardinals (A)

PON_News

Game 36 - The Cardinals (A)

Team: Woking

Date: 05/04/2021

Where: Kingfield Stadium

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Supporter+

Notts need to reel off a string of wins to push for a top 3 finish. Woking don't score many goals but they are hard to break down. Torquay and Hartlepool both beat them 1-0 recently and Woking made them work hard for the win. I expect a tough game. Notts need to show the same fighting spirit as they showed against Wrexham and if they do, they'll win. 2-0 to Notts. Knight with both.

a game of two halfs football.

thought we did much better in the second half, countered and looked stronger. by no means perfect but we started somewhat better than we did against wrexham. it just went to pieces with poor defending and giving the ball away. i have to add, knowles might not be a finished product but at his age who cares? i think he has a job to do on loan here, i have said it before. a player like him wont be scoring week in and out or playing overly well but with confidence he comes alive.

unstopptable today and did very well.

This could help Ian Burchnall win over the players further, a massive 3 points which has come at a good time.

First half it looked likely to end up as a draw, I didn't think Notts would lose but turning it around for the win just didn't seem likely. All of the goals Notts scored could be reviewed and used to improve the performances over the next couple of weeks, we haven't been playing to space or attacking teams well but Woking ended up being broken down. I would also suggest the fitness of Notts helped somewhat too.

Great result, especially after dropping behind. Today and Friday have shown how vital it is to have someone who can come on, run at the opposition and change the game. With Knight and (hopefully) Roberts, we now have two players who can help us move up a gear if it isn't going our way.

With that we gain two points on Sutton and Hartlepool and another three on Wrexham, so not a bad day's work. Looking at it now, we should aim to make the top three and then see what's possible - Sutton can still be caught, but there's little room for error. The rest of this month will be massive - Hartlepool away next, Torquay away and a double header against Eastleigh.

• Like 1

Superb result today and really enjoyed watching it.

Thought first half we were careless and not penetrating enough. Came out to win second half and win it we did.

Excellent substitutions by IB. Ones that Ardley wouldn’t have made imo and good to see them get a run at the game rather than waiting until last ten minutes.

Focus is the biggest thing going forwards. We seem to have broken the confidence thing with two wins on the bounce and hopefully this gives IB a starting point now to get the players to buy into what he wants.

Impressed overall and really think IB will be an inspired choice going forwards.

I checked at 2-1 to Woking, then a short time later it was 2-2. Then 2-3 and 2-4. 😆

At 2-1 I thought 'here we go' and I honestly didn't expect much from the game but when I last checked. I felt happy, as it seems we might have found our confidence - rebounding and responding from set backs has been something we've struggled with bar Chesterfield (who gave us that win).

4-2 win isn't bad, coming back from 2-1 is a good sign but at 1-0 Notts does need to learn to control the games. This season once a team scores its almost a domino effect and a bet on the oppositions next goal isn't a matter of if but when.