Play-off predict-o-meter

So how are the play-offs in the Vauxhall Conference going to pan out? Add your prediction below and let's see who can get closest! No points, no prizes, just for fun.

Template (delete as applicable):

Strange eliminator round thing:

Notts County - Chesterfield

Hartlepool United v Bromley

Semi-finals:

Torquay United v Notts County / Chesterfield

Stockport County v Hartlepool / Bromley

Final:

Torquay / Notts County / Chesterfield v Stockport / Hartlepool / Bromley

Here's my go:

Strange eliminator round thing:

Notts County 1-2 Chesterfield (not betting on us to win, it's bad luck)

Hartlepool United 0-1 Bromley

Semi-finals:

Torquay United 2-1 Chesterfield

Stockport County 1-1 Bromley (Bromley win 4-3 on pens)

Final:

Torquay 0-1 Bromley

Conclusion: jammy Bromley end up a League club, we go to Solihull one more time. Hope I'm wrong!

I've always said, I think it will be between us and Hartlepool.

League form doesn't mean much coming into the play-offs, I also feel Hartlepool has a more polished squad compared to Stockport. The latter doesn't really fill me with confidence that they can make the final, they've got a few good players but aren't a well-built squad in my eyes.

My predictions.

Torquay 1 Notts 2
Stockport 0 Hartlepool 2

The final depends on what team Notts puts out and if they turn up for the game, I think they will.

Supporter+

Torquay 3 -4 Notts County AET

Stockport 3-0 Hartlepool 

Our game has classic written all over it. There will be goals, goals and more goals I reckon. 

I think Stockport will cruise past Hartlepool. 

Supporter+
18 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Well, my predictions are already in the bin aren't they?

Please god no!

I wish I had a blood pressure monitor, it would be interesting to see the numbers!

• 2 weeks later...
Supporter+
12 minutes ago, menzinho said:

OMG! The Torquay keeper Lucas Covolan scores from a corner to equalise in the last minute of injury time!

Hartlepool were literally seconds away from going up, 1-1 in extra-time now...

Well that was exciting! Game over? Nope.....surely Torquay are going up.....

Supporter+

Hartlepool win 5-4 on penalties. Harsh on Torquay after finishing 2nd in the league. Is it time for 3 up and 3 down? I think it is. The Conference teams hold their own when they go up. 

I'm glad Torquay didn't go up, I have a real soft spot for Hartlepool but I thought Torquay decent playing well - came across as poor sports at times.

Their equaliser for me, it should've been disallowed because Asa Hall (I thought it was Danny Wright) prevented the Hartlepool keeper from lifting his arm up. Yes, he got caught out but when you restrict a keeper in such a manner it should always be given as a foul.

Then there was their keeper who kept saying things to the Hartlepool players, that worked out well.

Whatever he said to the lad at the end who sealed it for Hartlepool, I couldn't help be laugh as it didn't work. Plus a few of the Torquay players lashed out at Hartlepool fans, one player kept kicking out and attempting to throw things. These are might to be professional, it's not acceptable no matter what is done or said. Just walk off...

0_Image-from-iOS-3.jpg

0_JS237636204.jpg

Archived