Neal Ardley to Solihull Moors

Piethagoram

Strange one for me.

No disrespect to Solihull Moors, but I'd expect Neal Ardley to be in the run in for jobs at bigger clubs. They get about 1000 in attendance. Also, aren't they renowned for hoof-ball? I know they were under Flowers, and seem to remember it had changed (slightly), but not exactly consistent with how Ardley set us up to play.

Good luck to him non the less, unless it's against us. 

I think it does make sense, he works well with teams on the up and Solihull Moors do have a decent team.

They've been building quite nicely over the last three seasons, so if it's true - I can see the reasoning behind it. AFC Wimbledon wasn't the biggest club, he did wonders with them and yes he had played for the old Wimbledon. I can see similarites with Solihull.

I will always wish him well, I think he's a good manager and will comeback stronger.

I was expecting to resurface somewhere like Crawley, so I'm surprised at this. But I think Solihull are ambitious - they made the playoffs a couple of years back and, if this appointment is anything to go by, they're probably planning a big push to get there again. I don't think he'd have gone there otherwise. 

I hope he’s spent a bit of time watching the Notts games since he left to see the difference attacking makes to a team. Since the shackles have been removed, we’ve been far more exciting to watch. Like having Moniz back again!

All in all, he was a nice enough guy, so don’t begrudge him a job wherever it maybe. As long as it’s not us!

29 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Leigh is always quick to spread rumours of this kind, I'll buy it when I read it officially.

Good call. He is easily led and picks up most of the stuff from questionable tweets and forums like mad!

14 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Leigh is always quick to spread rumours of this kind, I'll buy it when I read it officially.

I thought it was done and dusted. The Non-League Paper have reported on it though, so there's a good chance it'll happen. 

Archived