Ellis to Barrow

Piethagoram

No real surprises there. 
There was no way in the world that Ellis was on IBs definite list. He’s an old fashioned CB with old fashioned skills. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I couldn’t see him fitting in with the new era at the Lane. Also wrong age I’d guess as well.

Good luck Mark. Great loan period with us and will always be remembered for your total commitment to the cause.

I wonder if Notts wasn't interested, as I feel we're more the type to look for younger upcoming players who have a resale value.

I mean, I would snap Mark Ellis' arm off to sign him but on paper he doesn't really fit the recruitment of the club. He's more the type we go for when there's no other options, which might need to be reviewed as we do need experience of this mould. I can only speculate but he'll be remembered fondly for his time here.

Sure he’s a centre back that didn’t fit IB preferred style but I’d argue he was the centre back that he needed. Felt like it was just him heading things out our box at times. If he was just a little bit younger and quicker I’d have had him as a top target.

We’ve also lost a massive threat in an attacking sense. Not just all the goals but how many times did he win the ball which then lead to a goal… He won the ball for Wootton’s 2nd in the Play-offs, won the pen against Sutton must be a few more too.

Wish him all the best at Barrow.

think he would have been a solid signing for notts, its a shame we did not get him back but i wish him all the best. think he should kick on at barrow as this is his twilight part of his career. i hope notts looks at players like him but a bit younger, although i would welcome him back quite happily,

Archived