Wrexham appoint Phil Parkinson

Piethagoram

I had to double check to make sure he did manage Bradford City, which is who I believe he's had the most success - I knew he left them but I haven't kept track on him since. It seems his stocks fallen since going to Bolton (which had diaster all over it).

Sunderland I'm surprised he got, but Wrexham - he must really be seeing cash signs with their investment.

Good manager, I hope we are prepared to fight for promotion.

Supporter+

They are being sponsored by Tik Tok so Phil will have plenty of dosh to spend. I suspect they'll pick up the cream of the crop in the NL. They'll be overwhelming favourites if they do. No guarantee of success though. Hopefully.

He has the experience but it depends what happens on the field, just because they have investment it doesn't mean they'll run away with the league. I think if anything, it will turn Wrexham into how teams saw us in our first season. Wanting to win them more just because of the hype!

Interesting appointment for them, not one I expected. Lots of similarities between Wrexham in the this league and Sunderland in L1 – big budgets high expectations and he struggled at Sunderland…

I wonder if their board are believers of the old "you can’t play football if you want to get out the NL" mantra… Since we’ve been in the league the 4 teams that have been promoted (Barrow, Harrogate, Sutton and Hartlepool) all played good attacking football. None of them were defensive and direct, it’s alright being organised and hard to beat but with only 1 auto spot you really need to rack up the wins.

Sunderland have a lot of issue off the field, where Wrexham are starting a new dawn and are only just beginning their adventure since Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney bought them. I can only see them becoming a tougher team to play against.

Archived