Do you eat before football games?

I am hit-and-miss, but I now never eat at Meadow Lane itself - I have worked in catering most of my life so seeing bad habits honestly puts me off. That and seeing a hot dog once dropped on the floor, then passed onto my son to consume (whilst I was taking pictures of fans) with a mortified face, you wouldn't bother.

I'm not suggesting this often happens but it shouldn't at all, not even once.

I had to argue on health grounds to get a replacement hot dog, with baffled eyes behind the counter as if we were being awkward.

There's been other things, such as touching noses - not washing hands etc. When you've been in an industry where you cater for the rich and famous, and later disabled residents. You certainly do spot very bad practices.

Back on subject:

I seldomly eat before games, I usually wait until after matches as I feel more hungry by this point.

Jake and Callum like eating before, it's more important for them to get something proper down - they enjoy eating at Subway before games. At times they will grab a burger (on occastions) and we used to eat at a takeaway near the train station.

Substantial breakfast when I get up, followed by a Cob or Pitta bread of some description before setting off. I will only ever have a coffee in the ground, whereas my son will always buy the bare minimum of a drink and carton of mushy peas.

Not anymore, I don't eat before weekend games because I don't like sitting for so long when I am full. Week day games I do eat before heading out, but these days I wouldn't eat at a football ground. Mostly because its too expensive for the money.

Before away games I eat out, occasionally I eat at the ground if time limits me.

I almost always buy a pie and chips.

The days of me buying things at ML are long gone, quality hasn't been very good, not since the Trews cut and changed based on who hadn't been paid or whatever was the cheapest at the time.

Archived