Football tipster competition

steve61

Do members on this forum like a Saturday bet on the football? Would members (and Admin) like a weekly competition on here, where I list all the forthcoming games on the Saturday and members have a virtual £1,000 kitty to select a single, double, treble, accumulator from the matches and odds listed? the winner would be the member who has the most virtual money at the end of the season, or maybe the only player left in the competition. Obviously once you money has gone you are out of the competition. Let me know what you think (particularly Admin) and if enough are interested I'll draft up the rules on here and have the first set of games and odds on here well before the opening games on 21 August. Over to you!

Hi @steve61, we do have a long-running prediction league on here. The rules are a lot simpler (3 points for a correct scoreline, 1 for a correct result, and double points for one joker fixture), but I think calculating the odds for twenty-odd posters would be pretty time-consuming, unless you could automate it somehow. Plus I'm rubbish at maths. We're definitely open for feedback and suggestions for future seasons though.

The prediction league includes fixtures from the Championship, Leagues One and Two and the Conference, and it started yesterday to coincide with the start of the season in the Proper Leagues. But if you want to give it a try, the more the merrier! There are still 45 matchdays to go :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived