V Barnet

Super_Danny_Allsopp

Supporter+

Notts have started well. Roberts and Rodrigues look like they are in the mood. That's a strong bench, quality to come in when needed. Barnet are trying to match Notts but don't have the quality, plenty of fight though. We need to be careful. 

Edit: Slocombe just made a great save. Notts need to convert the chances they are creating. 

A great way to lay down a marker for the season. Not every match can be 5-0, but it’s definitely going to be an interesting season.

The end result of promotion relies on the fitness of Rubes and Cal imo. Keep them on the field for the whole season and my pre season prediction of automatic will come to fruition. 

Even better when Mansfailed and Florest are struggling when we’re on the up.

8 hours ago, Canadian said:

What a statement game that was. I honestly don't know where to start lol. It's only the 1st game, but something smells like 2009 again, and feels like it too! 

Can't wait for next week now. 

I think the next two games will be a better barometer for the first part of the season. Both Torquay and Wrexham will be looking up rather than middle men. If we can overcome them or even two attacking draws, we’ll be on the way. 

Brilliant start, I checked in, and it was 1-0.

I noticed that Notts had scored a second, then towards the end, with it being 4-0. A fantastic opening result which should bring a lot of confidence going into the next match, it's good to see the fans anticipating a good season. I thought about going Barnet, as I have noticed some others, but ultimately it's our loss.

Ruben Rodrigues seems to be continuing on from his form of last season. Perhaps he missed pre-season to focus solely on his form?

Awesome result, 5-0 away from home on the opening day is about the best you could wish for. It sounded like we created chances in the first half, but the final ball wasn't quite arriving where it should. Once we scored, Barnet folded.

It was probably a good time to play Barnet, as they have so many new arrivals, and we'll have tougher tests. But all the same, our three likeliest goalscorers are all off the mark and the whole team has been given a real confidence booster ahead of two tricky-looking games. Oh, and we're top of the league :D

Archived