Derby County to apply to enter adminstration

Piethagoram

It's grim, I know some people who work for Derby County, and they're going through a very tough time.

This isn't really a subject that I deem to be accepted for criticism or banter, obviously I mean from the fans' perspective. Yet something has gone horribly wrong, and I do feel Mel Morris has attempted to do similar things to Alan Hardy in my opinion.

By bringing in a glamorous manager, try to force promotion and throw money into the win.

I know some people are blaming Sam Rush for this, yet the buck stops with the chairman. He clearly got in above his own head, now he's selling assets off and resorted to thinking only about himself in my opinion.

This type of thing shouldn't happen in football, but it's occurring too often now, and it just proves the Football League/FA are a joke when it comes to holding people accountable.

@Chris on this note, there's a few people making the point as to why some teams like Burnley and Norwich don't spend big when they reach the Premier League. 

I understand it. Sometimes clubs spend beyond their means and it comes back to haunt them. 

However the one thing I will say is that the punishment given to Derby might be by the rules and some can argue it should have come last season but anyone outside the Premier League or "Big 6" faces punishment they can't cope with hence some teams that enter administration and go downhill or liquidate. Meanwhile the big 6 no matter how much they break rules aren't punished to the full extent they should and when they are it's a nothing punishment to them that it might be to others. 

I think people will call Wayne Rooney, but I admire him for standing by Derby County. I have read things about him buying items for the club to use out of his own pocket, he doesn't have to do this.

I wish Derby all the best, it's a grim time for them.

6 minutes ago, RetroPie said:

What are your thoughts and feelings on this situation @super_ram?

Its awful for any club but Derby should be able to turn the corner, if the right admin people are appointed it should ease a sale when it happens.

I'm still in shock and trying to catch up on all Rams related news which I've missed due to @GrannyPie's recent hospitalisation.I will though say Wayne Rooney has really gone way up in my estimation while Mel Morris,although I'm grateful for past support,comes out of this in similar light to another Ex chaiman you and all pie fans are familiar with

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If The Rams owe Boro & Wycombe due to breaking FFP  then what about QPR & Villa  owing Derby  as they did the same.I just wish all the interested parties,including the administrators,would get together and finally sort Mel Morris's mess out.It's always the fans & not the owners that suffer the most.

Still a very long tunnel but a glimmer of light at last.Mel Morris has done something right at last,Pleased Steve Gibson has also done the right thing, though I still think the EFL have a lot to answer for.

I don't really mind, @allardyces tash just as long as we survive.Nothing against the yanks but they would be my third choice.Ashley would probably be my first choice in spite of what the geordie fans think of him.Whoever does get the nod needs to make sure recruitment is better than it was in Morris's early days and they don't splash silly cash on ordinary players and also  keep wages realistic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived