Harry Kewell (Barnet) and Danny Searle (Aldershot) Sacked!

menzinho

And so it begins, who had 7 games into the season for the first manager to be sacked? Well two managers have gone in the same day.

Harry Kewell leaves Barnet second from bottom with 2 points and 0 wins.
Danny Searle leaves Aldershot third from bottom with 4 points and 1 win.

I'm more shocked with the Aldershot one, they played well against us and the teams before us by all accounts. They've just won and draw as well so I feel they would've gradually been on the way up. And they've played us, Chesterfield, Boreham Wood, Yeovil and Solihull - all teams in the top 10. Not an easy start at all. I think they've made a big mistake there.

As for the sacking of Harry Kewell, he isn't exactly a guy that fans warm too, but he's signed a lot of players in the summer - and a lot of them have been players he's worked with before. Yes they've started badly but when a manager signs a whole new squad you've got to give him a bit of time... I think Barnet will really struggle this season.

Same here, Aldershot could've given their manager more time.

Unless something else has happened behind the scenes, like a falling out or disagreement - I am of the opinion they would've turned it around. They did well against us, but obviously this doesn't paint a full picture.

I don't think Harry Kewell is a manager.

Don't think the Aldershot fans were too enamoured with Searle to be honest, accusing him of being a stuck record and never saying anything different (reminds me of somebody we had). Unlucky though in my eyes as the budget had been slashed for this season, so keeping them up should have been their main focus.

Also think it is a bit crass of Aldershot to have a new manager lined up straight away, shows this has been arranged for a while in the background so no results were going to save him.

Supporter+

I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw some pundits predicting a playoff place for Barnet. Their squad is poor. It's a squad that will be fighting relegation. Harry Kewell is not the man for a relegation fight. Barnet's issues go beyond what's happening on the pitch. Their future is gloomy. I wouldn't be surprised to see them fold in the not too distant future which would be a shame as I like going there when I'm in London. 

I bet Harry Kewell picks up a League Two job closer to Christmas, his record is extremely poor. I never understood why Alan Hardy thought he was the right man after Kevin Nolan got sacked, I think this appointment relegated Notts.

Will Dover's manager be the next sacking?

Archived