Holidays

What did you all do for your holidays this year? Did you take the opportunity to flay to a green list country, or did you stay in the UK?

Here in Germany, nearly everyone I know stayed in the country. One friend nipped across the border to Austria, while my neighbour went to Mallorca, but that's it. We went to Lake Titisee in the Black Forest, which is almost 1000 metres above sea level. Sounds nice until you realise it has its own microclimate and is several degrees colder than most other places! It's certainly picturesque, but I do wish I'd moved closer to a beach...

What were your holiday haunts this year? And did any of you manage to combine it with a Notts away match? ;)

We managed a couple weeks in Lanzarote with the family in August, and are flying to The Algarve on 3rd October (the day after we play Woking) returning on 22nd (the day before we play Stockport).  That's 19 days away without missing a game at Meadow Lane unless we are drawn at home in the cup.  The return flights cost £39.96, and that's the total for both of us, not each!!!

The apartments we are staying in directly overlook the training ground of the Portuguese Primeira Liga team I have become a fan of, Portimonense FC.  I first became interested in them when I saw fans walking around in black and white striped shirts, and they were a second division club then.  I have been to watch them play a couple of times, and was hoping to go again but they don't have any home games due to the international break. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived