Match Discussion: Game 15 - The Moors (H)

PON_News

Game 15 - The Moors (H)

Team: Solihull Moors

Date: 13/11/2021

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Ian Burchnall opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

It will be interesting to see Neal Ardley back at Meadow Lane, but I think Notts should perform well against them. Solihull Moors are a very hard - working team, who like to have control in their midfield.

Provided we defend well, chances should come.

I am hoping for a very good game, as I haven't seen Notts for awhile now with me being away.

• Like 1

Another tricky opponent - 2 defeats out of 14 speaks for itself. But if we want to win the league, we should be aiming to win at home, whoever the visitors are. I'll go for a nail-biting 2-1 win. But it's just as likely we'll end up "respecting the point".

I think Neal Ardley will get a good reception, but he can leave the points in Nottingham! :D

• Like 1

It’s going to be a big crowd, hopefully record breaking too! It would be nice to beat it by a good few hundred as well. 12,000 fans in attendance would be incredible.

We tend to do well with a big crowd at ML, the atmosphere should be even better than Stockport and that will help spur the players on. Solihull will absolutely want to spoil the occasion but I hope the crowd makes it a little too daunting for them.

Picking the team is quite a challenge at the minute (a good one) Cal’s form isn’t great at the moment, but a game like this is where he really could shine. Then you've got the likes of Vincent and Nemane who probably deserve to start. Some big choices for IB to make.

• Like 2

I'm starting to get a bit itchy with my feet, as I don't really like big attendances due to anxiety. On the one side I am looking forward to the game, the other I don't want the usual idiot that knows nothing about the club behind me - moaning about every little thing.

On the plus side, it would be a huge mark to get the largest crowd in the National league.

Even if it's a sign of the dark times, it will be rememberable if and when we gain promotion back to the Football League.

I actually think the performance will be decent, as those expected to start will want to carry on with our recent form. The only issue is that curse of ex managers when they revisit us, will Solihull play out of their skin?

Who's going???

• Like 1

i will be getting in as soon as the doors to meadow lane open up, i really hope we can break the national league home attendance record.

it should bring a good crowd that would make the match day that even more special, for the players to see the response and support, i am sure they will do their part. just mindful if we have any setbacks, keep encouraging them because the fans will be the 12th man.

i am going for 4-0 notts win as my prediction.

wotton x2, ruben and francis.

I will be at the game, I am in the Pavis Stand.

I don't think it will be anywhere near as easy as we'd like, Notts will have to work hard but having seen Solihull defensively they do have weaknesses. Notts and co will have to be mindful to defend bravely for 90 minutes without switching off.

On 10/11/2021 at 21:23, DonnyNotts said:

We will need to match their enthusiasm, if we can do that the quality should shine through, which hasn't always been the case. They will be well organised and a point would be good for them. Game we should be winning, my guess an optimistic 3 0

Ardley might send them out looking to sneak a win, but other than being hard to break down I don't think they will throw the kitchen sink at us. Notts needs to play to the time we have and just do neat passes. We'll draw them out and create chances, they just need tucking away.

I have a feeling Solihull could get hammered.

Supporter+

Deserved victory against a decent side. Up to 4th. 

• Like 1

It wasn't that bad, if you remained in your seat at half-time and, found a way out of the ground before the final whistle - both of which I broke.

Fantastic win and, positive performance. The clean sheet is a lot more important, especially with the absence of Kyle Cameron. I thought it was an excellent team performance, with some exceptional individual play.

Matt Palmer was brilliant at winning the ball back and, his distribution. He looked heaps better than any Solihull Moor player.

Poor DKE with the issue of dealing with their number 6, and the other player who kept pushing him in the second half, not that it bothered Kelly-Evans at all.

Big win, it felt like a performance that showed a promise of further to come.

• Like 2

I listened to the radio  with @GrannyPie and it sounded like a thoroughly  deserved win against a very difficult and good team .Well done Notts !

• Love 1

Really pleased for Mitchell, gets his two goals against Tamworth but wasn't able to keep his place and keep that possible momentum going. It’s really hard for a striker to be in and out the team, he didn’t have much time on the pitch but he was desperate to make an impact.

Probably a shame Ruben couldn’t get a goal in-front of his parents but in the grand scheme of things it’s a minor inconvenience on what was an otherwise great day and team performance.

And smashing the attendance record, almost makes you feel like the NL isn’t that bad after all!

• Like 2

Supporter+
12 minutes ago, menzinho said:

Really pleased for Mitchell, gets his two goals against Tamworth but wasn't able to keep his place and keep that possible momentum going. It’s really hard for a striker to be in and out the team, he didn’t have much time on the pitch but he was desperate to make an impact.

Probably a shame Ruben couldn’t get a goal in-front of his parents but in the grand scheme of things it’s a minor inconvenience on what was an otherwise great day and team performance.

And smashing the attendance record, almost makes you feel like the NL isn’t that bad after all!

We must get out of this league before we become part of the furniture 🤣

• Like 1

@menzinho I owe @super_ram and, @GrannyPie a cream cake now Mitchell has scored a league goal.

I hope it boosts his confidence having scored, he works hard but so far hasn't seemed a threat on goal - at least not enough to warrant his starting place in my opinion. Great team performance by the squad yesterday.

• Like 3

Brilliant crowd, brilliant result! That win was anything but routine - Solihull might not be a "name", but they had conceded one goal in 12 hours of football before yesterday. And it's great news that Kairo has found his shooting boots too.

3 hours ago, Dripsey3 said:

We must get out of this league before we become part of the furniture 🤣

Definitely! But as long as the fans keep the faith, we'll make it eventually. The tickets might have been cheap, but 12,000 people still cared enough about the club to buy those tickets and make their way to Meadow Lane, even for a NL match. That counts for a lot.

Going off on a slight tangent now, but we're currently on course for three consecutive top-five finishes for only the second time in our entire history. Yes, it's only the NL, but we're turning into a club that expects to win more often than not. Don't underestimate the impact that can have on a club and its culture.

• Like 1

Great game to watch from our perspective and the result was never really in doubt once we went in front, even with Solihull bringing on a basketball player in the second half!

I thought everyone played well, although it took a while for Palmer and Roberts to get into the game and Chicksen made a couple of positional errors.

Our first goal was pretty special, brilliant through ball, great cross and excellent finish. Also good to see Mitchell get his first league goal which he took well.

• Like 1

Good to see the confidence lifting, I didn't think much of that Dallas or Rooney - they should be a formidable team at this level but we kept them quiet.

I don't think Solihull really troubled Patterson, he looked calm and collected.

The atmosphere could've been better before we led the game but it was still amazing, great team performance.

7 hours ago, Fozzy said:

basketball player in the second half!

Kyle Hudlin did far more in those minutes he had, than Andy Dallas or Adam Rooney combined. Not the effective switch, but he gave Notts something to think about. Kyle Wootton marking him, then going down due to the collision with Hudlin was a concerning few minutes.

18 hours ago, Countyman said:

Kyle Hudlin did far more in those minutes he had, than Andy Dallas or Adam Rooney combined. Not the effective switch, but he gave Notts something to think about. Kyle Wootton marking him, then going down due to the collision with Hudlin was a concerning few minutes.

It was more of a reference to his ridiculous 6ft 9inch size than footballing ability and Wootton handled him brilliantly, he just bullied him to the point that he never looked like scoring.