Match Discussion: Game 17 - The Wood (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,352
  • Days Won:  81

Game 17 - The Wood (A)

Team: Boreham Wood

Date: 23/11/2021

Where: Meadow Park

What line-up should Ian Burchnall opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

There are 3 teams that you wouldn't want to face coming off a poor performance in your previous game and as luck would have, Notts are playing one of those sides. Boreham Wood are flying. They score goals. They don't leave in many. The most important thing is that they are consistent. They have lost 2 games all season. It's close between them and Chesterfield, but I think Boreham Wood are the best side in the division. If Notts play like they did against Eastleigh, they will be beaten, but we know they won't because they will take Boreham Wood seriously. They will be 100% focused. That's the difference between Boreham Wood and Notts, Boreham Wood take every opponent seriously, whether it's Dover or Chesterfield. Notts are not doing that and that's why we are 6th and Boreham Wood are 2nd. As the approach will be 100% better than last Saturday, I think it will end in a 1-1 draw. 

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

That gap we caught up, which is in danger of becoming bigger again and, these are the types of games where Notts needs to be stronger.

Boreham Wood is a good team, they might not have many players who are considered stars, but they work well. I would hope that Notts could break them down by scoring as early as possible, but if we concede ourselves, it could be the same old story. I don't even think a draw here would serve much purpose, yes it's better than nothing but this is the time of the season where teams can fall wayward if they don't put in the performances/hard work.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  8

Suppose that could be classed as a good point with their position in the league, but I'm disappointed with that. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

You just knew Notts wouldn't lose this one. When Notts 100% apply themselves, they are a match for any side. They just don't do it for every side. That needs to be addressed or we won't be promoted. 

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

1-0 up, I thought if Notts could make the 70th minute we'd take all the points. 

It sounds like Notts played well, most fans comments so far appear happy, but to spear this season in the direction we want, than Notts must start grinding out games whereby we lead. Yes, we'll take the point, but we need to get back to winning ways ASAP. Otherwise, we'll have to reduce a large gap again, and I don't think we should be accepting that the play-offs are the highest we can go. I would hate to see the club fall out of them, as then we will be fighting to retain good standing for the play-offs.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

All in all considering their home form it’s not a bad result, just the loss at the weekend means 1 point from 2 games so we really need a win against Dagenham to just make sure we don’t start to fall away.

No-one above us won and Grimsby, Halifax and Bromley all lost so that’s a point gained on them! And it’s great that Altrincham scored two late goals against Chesterfield… Good wins for Wrexham and Stockport, is that the two big money teams slowly on the rise now?

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

I am not disappointed, it sounded like a decent performance but I think now highlights that we need to improve in a few crucial areas if we aim to get promoted. Another striker is a must, someone who can finish the chances we create and possibly a winger who can run down the by line taking the opposition on.

I like Joel Taylor, but he drifts in and plays deeper.

As for the result, yes Notts could've won the match 1-0. I just feel that it gives a base to show where we need to improve away from home.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

saturday should be a better result, take the draw but try to go on a winning streak. the past two games could really have been better. :(