Bristol City vs Notts County

Chris

Prepare for the best here, which I think would be safe to say making sure we don't concede many.

I'd hope we could leave with a draw, yet I don't see us winning. This said, Bristol have lost to some sides you would have expected to be slaughtered themselves and other teams similar to us have gotten draws. I don't have that feeling, I think they will win but it wouldn't be the end of the world or requiring 'Derry' out comments.

With the lack of wingers (quality) I think our chances will be largely limited.

I see the game ending 2-0 in their favour.

Thoughts?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know, they have played quite a few fixtures which could work in our favour.

Obviously I don't know if they have rested players for their recent cup games but I fancy Notts to cause a surprise here, so a draw or win will be excellent. I admit that i have concerns with our midfield but i am sure we will cope.

Is noble back now?

What lineup would you all start?

I would try to remain unchanged bar the exclusion of Cassidy.

The game will most likely be dull, I was not impressed by them at meadow lane. if they play to their home advantage that will be debatable but i just hope we can go back to grinding out results. I worry we will not see the end of losing for awhile that is my concern.

Bristol City vs Notts County

matchthreadfullbcvsnc.png
Saturday 10th January 2015
Kick Off - 3:00pm
League One

Ashton Gate Stadium

Match Officials
Ref: Simon Hooper
Assistant(s): Stephen Daly and Lisa Rashid
Fourth Official: Brett Huxtable

Formbook - Last 6 Games
Bristol City: LWWLWW
Goals Scored: 9
Goals Conceded: 4

Notts County: LDLDLL
Goals Scored: 4
Goals Conceded: 10

Last Time We Met
Sunday 31st August 2014

Notts County 1-2 Bristol City
Goal Scorer(s) - Ismail (13 min) Wilbraham (60 min) and Emmanuel-Thomas (90' Min)

Notts County: Carrol, Keane, Hollis, Dumbuya, Mullins, Smith, Ismail, Jones, Brown, Noble, Cassidy.
Used Subs: Murray (64) Haynes (64) and Thompson (69).

Bristol City: Fielding, Flint, Ayling, Williams, Bryan, Little, Elliot, Freeman, Smith, Agard, Wilbraham.
Used Subs: Emmanuel-Thomas (78) and Cunningham (84).

http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/news/league-one-preview-r409' target='_blank'>League One Preview » - http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/news/bristol-c-scouting-report-r411' target='_blank'>Scouting Report » - http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/all_articles/' target='_blank'>All Articles »

Supporter+

Brostol City have conceded just 2 goals less than we have. 22 to 24. They have scored 42 goals. We have scored 27. It's easy to see why they are above us in the table. We can't score, they can. I doubt they'll trash us but they will beat us. 

2-0 to them. 

10931012_10153725894375961_4486618417855

Disappointed Bristol City boss Steve Cotterill felt referee Simon Hooper robbed his side of two points in tonight’s League One clash against Leyton Orient at Ashton Gate.

The game finished goalless as the Robins extended their unbeaten start to the campaign to three games, but City felt they should have won.

Controversy flared when Orient keeper Adam Legzdins flapped at a Marlon Pack corner under pressure from Sam Baldock and the ball crossed the line.

But City celebrations were quickly muted as referee Hooper ruled out the ‘goal’ for an alleged infringement on the keeper.

Cotterill watched a video replay of the incident after the final whistle and then took issue with the Wiltshire official at the post-match press conference.

He fumed: “We should have won the game – there was absolutely nothing wrong with the goal.

“I’ve watched it back half a dozen times now, I’ve shown the assessor and I cannot see how the referee can possibly award a free kick. There is not even a hint of a foul.

“We know that goalkeepers get protected, by my God, I cannot see how that is not a goal. There is no-one near him and he has just punched it into his own net.

“It was a fantastic corner by Marlon Pack and the keeper has been caught out by being too deep.

“It was a huge mistake by the referee and it has cost us two points. If the referee saw it played back, he would have to admit it was a goal. He is human, he made an error and he cannot get out of it.”

It seems Notts are crumbling right now.

This wont make it any easier and derry will have a tough task with his selection. I would be tempted to just try some fresh faces and see how they do, i know some will complain he did not take it seriously but it could be a good assessment of the squad. Some might even play to keep the position, who knows? I think we will be lucky to avoid them scoring 3 but if we can get a break we may lead for a short time.

We lack the quality to take the game to them, I am not keen on seeing that hall feature. He seems quite a pointless signing, no real sign of anything worthwhile from him at all. I would like to see wroe given a chance, play a similar formation to as we did back against preston at the start of the season.

Give Harrard the chance.

I'm hoping the removal of the loan players has given SD a chance to work with his chosen team for a long period. Of course the game plan goes out of the window if they score in the first ten minutes!!!

What i would do to go back to those boring draws!

I hope the defence can get back to be steady, last 8 games we have looked very iffy.

What lineup would you all start?

Carroll

Dumbuya, Mckenzie, Hollis, Edwards, Mullins, Cranston, Adams

C Thompson, Noble, Jones

I reckon we even stand a chance of getting a point with this formation, just think of the positives, we don't have to even try to play football just thump it down the pitch to Frank Fielding constantly, we don't risk the only player who looks likely to score a goal for us (Gary Thompson) 

@Northants Pie don't you think Noble, Thomo and Jones might be a tad advanced in your line up?

As Jermaine Easter has been released from his contract at Millwall you never know we might just have another 30+ year old who will resemble a larger built Danny Haynes and I mean in every sense.

With regard to the formation I included Noble & Jones so they could drop behind the back seven to become sweepers when we haven't thumped the ball into the clouds on another mission direct from the Met Office, just leaving Thompson to run around the middle of the pitch picking up any loose balls who could then send the aforementioned balls on another mission from the Met Office to Frank Fielding

Archived