Notts County vs Crewe Alexandra

Chris

Easy game right? Let's not go there. :P

Crewe Alexandra have put together some decent results which in turn have lifted them up from the dreaded drop zone. Key results include winning those who never lose 'Bristol City' but they have also draw to sides in contention for promotion. In truth they can play some good football, although they do have an inexperienced squad. Some very good players are within their team (albeit unknown/underrated).

Also, if anyone made use of their academy it's them. Several players have made the grade, part of the struggle for them from what I recall being mentioned when I last spoke to the Railwaymen's fans.

We need to use this game to find our feet and get back some consistency, if the squad train hard I see no reason why the loan players cannot offer us something but if we are disjointed in the game I can this being used against us. I would love to write the game off and predict an easy win, yet I think they'll make it extremely difficult for us (either that or we will). :whistle:

My heart tells me we can win, though my mind says this will either end up 1-1 or 2-2. I'll go with 1-1.

I just hope to see some direct play whereby hard work shines and we see a glimpse that we are together. Chin up, heads high... C'mon YOU PIES!!

Thoughts?

Supporter+

Crewe have won 3 out of 4. They are improving. We are on the slippery slope and need to win this game. I think there will be goals galore. I reckon we'll win 3-2. 

I would like to chant easy easy easy but as we know there is no easy games even though crewe are below notts county that means nothing. County has been cought out by crewe a few times in the past. But i think this week will kick start the road to the play offs the road to wembley and the road to the championship  come on you pies 

i think the signings will bring some sort of response from the players, along with nobles return.

if they perform and play well, we can win this would worry but my concern is that we are at home and they seem to be in good form, playing well against sides better than us and getting something. i hope we can win

2-1 to us.

If we lost can you picture the backlash?

It is hard to see what went wrong but i have faith that derry can put it right, the squad will do well. i think we will draw 1-1.

It depends how the new players fit in and the performance.I hope Notts can kickstart their season and restore some optimism.I hope the fans don't expect too much too soon.The last thing Notts need is the fans to turn on the players and management.

Supporter+

If SD gets this squad of players promoted, he should be manager of the year across all 4 divisions. 

We always struggle to the teams we think we should be, like those at the bottom and this season we just cant do much against the top.

Our teams are within the middle of the table, which makes me sway towards them. It will most likely end up a draw which right now i will be very thankful for, it will give them one less defeat to worry about and you never know we could win. I hope we get a chance to see the new arrivals play!

I am confident that for once we might be the most dominate within the game, the players need to make sure they are the first to each ball and always pressuring them. If they do that and knock the ball around half decently, I think we win.

Notts County vs Crewe Alexandra

matchthreadfullncvsca.png
Saturday 17th January 2015
Kick Off - 3:00pm
League One

Meadow Lane

Match Officials
Ref: Iain Williamson
Assistant(s): Simon Mather and Wayne Porter
Fourth Official: Akil Howson

Formbook - Last 6 Games
Notts County: DLDLLL
Goals Scored: 3
Goals Conceded: 12

Crewe Alexandra: DLWWDW
Goals Scored: 9
Goals Conceded: 6

Last Time We Met
Tuesday 30th September 2014

Crewe Alexandra 0-3 Notts County
Goal Scorer(s) - Cassidy (44 and 62) and Harrad (52 min).

Crewe Alexandra: Garratt, Tootle, Ray, Tate, Guthrie, Waters, Grant, Ness, Leigh, Oliver, Haber.
Used Subs: Dugdale (38), Atkinson (69) and Turton (69).

Notts County: Carroll, Dumbuya, Laing, Hollis, Cranston, McLaughlin, Thompson, Wroe, Noble, Cassidy, Harrad.
Used Subs: Murray (77) and Ismail (85).

We need to find a bit of complacency here, Crewe can pass the ball quite well when they're given time which Derry needs to get onto the players about closing them down and reducing their freedom. I think it will be a good game, hopefully more so in our favour. :)

Which of the new boys would you like to see start folks?

We need points on the board, sooner we hit 50 points (safety) the better, then build on it. Not been on pon in a while but overall we are to easy to beat at the moment. I travelled to bristol on mr Perkins bus, and we got hammered all over pitch to easy. 3 points please notts!! Uuuu pies!! Ps: I'm melvin eagle on Twitter.

@hysongreenpie is that your real name?

Notts need to go back to taking games as they come, worry not about the slip but focus on the confidence. I will be driving up nice and early, i hope to visit the club before the game and catch up with some friends in the mlsb.

I am hoping Crewe come and struggle, it would be nice to dominate a game.

I would not be disheartened if they beat us.

I can see that happening, it depends on how we play. I just hope to see a solid performance because we have not seen one for awhile from notts and crewe are a side which we should be winning and playing well against. no disrespect for them at all.

As I say would not be surprised if they score within the 80th minute and leave having won.

I'm preparing to set off, it's a busy day for me. I have a full schedule and right now @super_pie is refusing to come with me, I literally hate when he doesn't come with me. I can't wait for Jakey to start wanting to go back but I can understand why he doesn't. :(

98ca60b267deba7d2a741afed7f27649.png

The Build-Up is now live on the main site, have a read of the match day feature.

Well it's up to Notts now to cheer me up.Come on you Pies!!

Archived